box shows nothing

Ah I've just noticed that today the channels that were showing fine yesterday are now freezing and the channels that were freezing yesterday now show black (but u can here sound - which breaks up) after a while a warning notice appears saying this channel is unavailable

pe+000+pe said:
talking about strange stuff!!!!i too have some probs,it recently started with box not responding to remote control although i can c LED flicking..it takes a while to switch from a channel to another..today..i have tried to access "AT GLANCE"facility to set a reminder for a couple of prog i wanted to watch it was empty from any information,also the index that shows prog for each channel,it want display anything apart from the now showing and next prog..but blank thereafter...btw i have 1000 and am in c&W........is something being plotted..knowing that no key change has been done since 27/07...keep an eye on this space..............

re: "is something being plotted..."

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56005&page=1&pp=10

well if it is something being plotted is my tuner naff?
oh my days

benny59 said:
its repairable m8, {the 1st thing to check is the "cim"} "the big silver box were you cut the talkback"-------check the joint from the screwon connector to were its soldered to the circut board inside the can------------------------if you get no joy, "take out the cim and plug your cable feed directly into the onboard tuner nearest the back panel, {you will have to put an rf connector on the end of your cable feed to try this}<<<<<doing it this way will tell you if theres a faulty component inside the cimm

next to try is swopping the onboard tuners over on the mainboard, {the 1000 will run ok with just the tuner nearest the back panel----its upto you if you replace the tuner near the card reader
Question Benny! I Have the same problem as ericbshort but I'm in a TW area running a pace ditv1000/ cr1, blank screen etc... tried removing the cim and plug cable feed directly into the tuners but no picture! Net ID frequency are all correct for the area and signal in em is green ok! have tried another working cim from an identical box but no picture. think this might be a replacement turner jobbie but can both go at the same time? I aslo read other posts about caps and that was too deep for me to understand or just about did! Question is how to get a replacement tuner and if that does not work could it be the caps and how would one find a guide in what parts are needed etc..

Any help appreciated!

Back