Skybox F5s box only loads to LO95

stekjz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

my farther in law bought an F5s a few weeks back (gift included) after one of his work mates told him about them.
He connected it to his dish and internet but nothing came up picture wise, but the box came on to the menu screen. Not sure what was wrong, he asked me to try on my dish but the same thing happend.
I had a look through the settings and changed one of the connection settings and after the box rebooted, it would only load up to LO95 and stay there.
He then took the skybox to his friend, who says that the box loads up for him and he gets the channels which is even more confusing.
I know when I don't have my virginmedia wired up, that it only loads to a certain point before doing the same type of thing, so is it possible that the box isn't wired up correctly ?
I feel tight as the box was in my pocession when this happend so any help or suggestions would be much appreciated so I can fix it and give it back how it was.

Thanks for reading

Try swapping out the power adaptor. They're known to be a bit dodgy. Possible your friend swapped the box but didn't use the same power cable - if his own was already there then why bother?

These plugs are also best used in a wall socket rather than an extension... sounds daft, but may help :D

Thanks for the reply
I ended up buying a cable and after abit of messing about, managed to reflash the box and it came back on.
I'm happy that it works again but still gutted that it stopped working for no reason in the first place, so lost the previous loaded software/gift etc.

Back