Mobile Phones Bought a phone from ASDA tonight.

suffolktoon

Inactive User
Reaction score
Took a card from the display to the service desk. The unlocked phone I wanted wasn't available. They sold me another one. On the shelf all I could read was £100. When it went through the till it was £130. I queried it and they said that was the Orange price. I asked the to check it was unlocked and she said yes after looking at the end of the box.

When I got home I could see that it said no sim but on opening the box a Vodafone sim fell out. When I tried my own three sim in the phone it asks for a code.

I'll be taking it back for a replacement or refund tomorrow.

I'm wondering if they are wrong and the one I got is supposed to be locked. In that case I'd be better off getting the one for £100 and getting an unlock from somewhere.

Are there any sites that actually provide codes for free? All the ones I tried tonight, I couldn't be bothered with hassle of going back, advertised free but ended on pages wanting a payment.

depends on the phone. On some you can root and flash the radio which will unlock it. others can be unlocked in other ways.

Why not try car phone warehouse all there phones are unlocked...and you can get it cheaper by doing a upgrade and you can still keep your old phone

And no I don't work for them lol

Why not try car phone warehouse all there phones are unlocked...and you can get it cheaper by doing a upgrade and you can still keep your old phone

And no I don't work for them lol
Took it back to my local store when I got home tonight. Don't like to ask for refunds but as their counter was getting refurbished they had next to no stock so I did just that.

Walked over to Carphone Warehouse and bought a Huawei Y300-0100. Seems to be ok. Probably does loads more than I'd ever want but at £40 less than the other phone I'm happy.

Good to hear...I got a LG android phone from them, got £10 off and kept my old phone

Cost me £35 for an android phone, just put my sim in worked straight away

It does that HDSPA thing for the internet. Speedtest gave me 4709 kbps down and 1659 kbps up. Easily beats my BT ADSL estimate.

Huawei phones are good, was considering the Y300 for the wife as she had a basic symbian Nokia and we thought it's time she moved onto something more advanced. Ended getting the G510 and she's more than happy with it considering she never used a smart or touch screen phone before.

Back