Boom Blox, Pre Soldered Argon, 3.3e d2c wii - Advise Please

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

I got myself a pre-soldered Argon chip for my mates d2c wii, it was a peice of piss to fit and seems to be working fine with back ups and originals BUT after preforming a system update the wii does not seem to like my back up version of boom blox which was burnt at x2 speed on a imation dvd+r.

Before a preformed a system update I tried a few back up's and originals plus also tried boom blox, when I inserted this cd, the wii said it was going to preform an update via the cd, the status bar got all the way to the end within seconds but then just frooze there until I finally decided to switch the wii off and preform the system update via the internet.

Now when i insert the cd, the wii goes to the page advising the the disc has not been recognised etc...
The cd and game work fine on my old wii which has been modded with a pic chip and the latest yasom hex.

Does anyone here know if there is a problem with boom blox being played with an argon chip? may i need to patch the game or something?

Any advise on the above would be appreciated, thanks in advance for your time and help.

i have a disc that fixes semi bricked wii's, not sure how it works LOL

Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick + Other Tools

[HIDE]sumwiitools[/HIDE]

• Wii_Fix_Disc_Unbricks_Semi-Brick
  • Wii.System.Menu.Update.JAP-v288
  • Wii.System.Menu.Update.PAL-v290
  • Wii-NTSC-System.Menu

All four nzbs are in the Rar

Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick by Import Mario Kart, SSBB

Mario Kart Wii

If you semi-bricked your Wii by performing the update on an imported Mario Kart disc (or similar game) that did not match your Wii?s region, and was wondering what you were going to do with your gimped Wii, you?re in luck. These ISOs are fix disc images that contain the latest update from Nintendo?s server for each Wii region, namely NTSU-J (Japan), NTSC-U (USA), and PAL (Europe). To restore your Wii back to its former glory:

1. Download the correct rar file for your Wii region.
* For Japanese NTSC-J Wiis, use the v288 update
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
* For USA NTSC-U Wiis, use the v289 update
Code:
* For European PAL Wiis, use the v290 update
Code:
2. Extract the ISO from the rar file.
3. Burn the ISO to a DVD.
4. Insert the burned DVD into your Wii.
5. Allow the disc to run the update and your Wii firmware will be updated to the latest. This means inserting Mario Kart Wii again will not prompt you for an update.

These ISOs have been tested to work on all regions but make absolutely certain you are downloading the right update for your Wii otherwise you could fully brick it. Hopefully this will bring your Wii back from the brink.
(source: hackmii.com) h**p://hackmii.com/2008/05/ntsc-semi-brick-fix/

Thanks for the response m8ty but I don't think my wii is bricked its just since I have installed this new updated, boom blox does not work on it anymore!

At present I only have 2 back-ups in my possesion, Sega super stars tennis and boom blox. Tennis works fine but boom blox does not.

I have also read that I will not be able to play trucha-signed games or any import games which use freeloader first anymore either because this wii has taken the update!

Now, is there any way to roll back my firmware to like maybe the first time opened up the wii, is there like a master reset for it to take it back to its in the box state?

Secondly, If I were to solder the region jumper wires for the argon chip for all the different types of imports, will I be able to play import back up's on this 3.3e wii?

Thirdly, have there been any problems reported using the argon chip to play any games like boom blox?

Finally, the wii fix disc mentioned below, do you reckon it might roll back my 3.3e wii to a previous firmware by any chance??

Thanks in advance for all your time, help and advise.

i have a disc that fixes semi bricked wii's, not sure how it works LOL

Wii Fix Disc Unbricks Semi-Brick + Other Tools

[HIDE]sumwiitools[/HIDE]

• Wii_Fix_Disc_Unbricks_Semi-Brick
  • Wii.System.Menu.Update.JAP-v288
  • Wii.System.Menu.Update.PAL-v290
  • Wii-NTSC-System.Menu

All four nzbs are in the Rar

Back