Bolier Help..... no hot water since

Cheers mate i would think the blue 3 port valve is on its last legs maybe some of the plumbers on here could be more precise but thats what i would be looking at

That would be my first port of call too,
can you try turning the control from hot water only to heating and see if you can hear the valve moving? you might have to get someone to help as you will need to be down at the valve to hear it.

oh and while down there give it a dusting :proud:

Last edited:
Cheers mate i would think the blue 3 port valve is on its last legs maybe some of the plumbers on here could be more precise but thats what i would be looking at

Cheers Mate

That would be my first port of call too,
can you try turning the control from hot water only to heating and see if you can hear the valve moving? you might have to get someone to help as you will need to be down at the valve to hear it.

oh and while down there give it a dusting :proud:

Just got home from work and this is how the system was, hot water and checked some off the rads and they are all cold.

The timer was on Water and heating but the thermostat was @ 18c (guessing this is why the rads were cold)

Put the timer to hot water only and put the thermostat to 25c, put my head to the blue valve whilst the missus switched the timer to water and heating

I heard a click and the bolier kicked in and fired up, it was hard to tell if a valve moved. switch back to hot water only and the bolier turned off apart from what sounded like a fan still going.

So seems to be working so what I'll do tonight is leave it on hot water and leave the thermostat at 25c and check it all again tomorrow am

in the meantime I'll get the duster out ;-)

cheers guys.....appreciated

d/geezer missed your original post any further probs please give me a posts and il giv u a hand with your system boiler cheers tricky

well all seems to be ok this morning, left the timer on hot waer only and the heating thermostat @ 25c

Bolier kicked in at 05:30 and stop just before 6am

Got a tank full off hot water and no hot rads

Will not fire up again, tries to fire up 4 times then just stops, the lockout just flashes so looks like a flame failure (according to manual). http://www.ultimatehandyman.org/PDF/Worcester_Bosch/Worcester-Bosch-CBi-User-manual.pdf

Not got a clue what is wrong but suspect it may have something to do with water pressure, not turned the water off today but the power switch next to it in the cuboard accidently got turned off when something brushed up against it.

I've tried resetting it several times and also powering it off for a few minutes but no luck

Back