BM7000 PVR functionality

cdy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,
Does the BM7000HD come with an internal hdd as standard or is it a record-to-external-hdd via USB box? And what is the box's general PVR functionality like?
Many thanks.

the blade does not come with an internal hhd or can you fit one inside....

you must use an external hhd, i have a caddy with it own power suppy, i have only recored a couple of programs and didnt have any problems doing so...

with the external caddy connected when you swich the box off it will store all the epg to the caddy before it switches and when you switch it back on it will load it all back onto the box..

it works good for me :)

Thanks for this, Ratts. Any chance you could explain what a caddy is?! Thanks again.

A caddy is an enclosure in which you can install a hard drive, for 3.5 inch drives the caddy usually has it;s own power supply. Like the ICYBOX units.

I see .... that's interesting. Thanks for the information.
The EPG stuff I find particularly confusing. I suppose, or should I say "I hope", I'll work it all out once I get the box and begin to tinker on with it.

@ cdy... if you have a spare hard drive lying around then you can just buy a caddy to put the drive into, i use one of these mate..

3.5 inch IDE/SATA HDD to USB 2.0 Enclosure Caddy -07 | eBay

if you havent got one lying around then you will have to get yourself an external hard to use for the pvr function....

hope this clears things up for you a bit ;)

@ cdy... if you have a spare hard drive lying around then you can just buy a caddy to put the drive into, i use one of these mate..

3.5 inch IDE/SATA HDD to USB 2.0 Enclosure Caddy -07 | eBay

if you havent got one lying around then you will have to get yourself an external hard to use for the pvr function....

hope this clears things up for you a bit ;)
Many thanks for this, Ratts. I have a spare 500GB WD "book" hdd. No way it'll fit in a caddy but if I could use it I will.?

Back