bloody disgrace

the simple answer countryboy, emmigrate

over half a million brits do it every year for one reason or another, google everywhere and find somewhere nicer

sorted

lol

Far too many uses of the words "us", "they" and "them" from people who claim all this to be one big silly squablle and that "we're all just the same"

Eh Countryboy?

Last edited:
She didnt have to change her religion she choose too. As it being for him to remain in sucession to the throne thats a load of bollox ffs he is 10 in line and is gonna go even further down the pecking order when they pop sprogs. They are English so they have a right to their Church of England faith. Personally i think its all bollox and religion is just an excuse for a fight Should all be banned.

I think you have it spot on.

It's a load of bullshit if you ask me and just because other countries do it that doesn't justify it.

I'm sure it wasn't done just because other countries did it. It was done for a set of reasons that made perfect sense at the time, like most laws.

Problem with this one is that repealing it could have some knock on effects that could potentially destroy the commonwealth so its simpler to just leave it alone. Very few governments would be willing to interfere in any significant way with the monarchy.

I imagine it could be possible that the rules could be relaxed to allow marriage to a catholic as long as the actual monarch candidate didn't become a catholic themselves and as long as any potential heir was not brought up as a catholic but this in itself would cause problems as one of the responsibilities of a catholic parent is to ensure any offspring is also brought up as catholic. I cant see this working.

The only way to proceed here is to completely remove the monarchs role as "Defender of the faith" but again, this causes potential constitutional conflict especially in commonwealth countries that have a written constitution that declares that a reigning monarch is "Defender of the faith". What exactly do they do ?. A constitution can be very much harder to change than a law !

There's also the small problem that a catholic couldn't be crowned in this country under their own rules as they dont recognise the authority of the Archbishop of Canterbury to actually crown them.

Last edited:
so I guess after all that - it just isnt so important.

given the queen doesnt run the country, thats done by a freely elected government

brilliant post m8 ... and there is my last point . they are the head of a religion . and as such we are barred from thier exclusive group . so why should i pay taxes for them to live the way they do we they dont represent anything i believe in (though the CoE is the closet thing to a catholic without being a catholic ) they aint like the wee frees of most ohter Presbyterian strands of the christian religion.. any way i think ive said all i can say on this i would just be repeating myself . i wish the couple a long and happy marriage makes a change for them to marry for love .. so well done .

not religious or a royal, they can all fook off for me

i like the bit about paying taxes so they can live the way they do though, dont we pay for everyone to live in this country irrelevant of religion, colour or even if they've only just turned up at the airport, some just take the piss more than others, so were all in the same boat in that way

not religious or a royal, they can all fook off for me

i like the bit about paying taxes so they can live the way they do though, dont we pay for everyone to live in this country irrelevant of religion, colour or even if they've only just turned up at the airport, some just take the piss more than others, so were all in the same boat in that way

Good shout there m8:Clap:

I was going to say something, but by the time I click on POST REPLY I had forgotten!

...I'm trying to remember what i was going to say..................

....nope, my mind is blank.

Don't drink and post people!
:Cheers:

I remembered. :)

"Protector of the faith", exactly what does that mean?

I can't remember the last time Betty Britain was out there with a sword fighting off infidels.

When was the last time she had to do this?

Another point....

Is it just me or is the Church of England basically the same as the Roman Catholic religion except that they allow divorces - invented by King Henry VIII coz he wanted to pork some fresh fanny?

the problem is this country is c of e this came about because henry the 8th wanted to hump loads of women to give him an heir to the throne
but he had to marry them and being a catholic he couldnt divorce so he kicked the catholics out and made his own religion so he could divorce when he wanted
thats how the country became c of e

My mother calls Henry VIII a 'Whore Master', lol

i have a house there m8 . we call it a hoilday home. now your just boring me now . so instead of me replying to your posts im just going to put you on the ignore list . see that way i can ignore you and ignore your stupid pms. ok my wee mucker .

pmsl nice one m8, that's the way ;)

Back