Blackpool's Charlie Adam submits transfer request

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adam has submitted a request to leave the club, BBC Sport has learned.

The 25-year-old has been a key part of Blackpool's success in their debut season in the Premier League.

Manager Ian Holloway said at the weekend that the Seasiders had rejected offers from three clubs for the player - including a £4m bid from Liverpool.

Holloway labelled the bids as derisory and is keen to keep his skipper, who has 18 months left on his contract.

The Seasiders boss added that Birmingham and Aston Villa are the other clubs to have expressed an interest in the player.

Last week Holloway said: "He has signed a contract and someone can come in, but it's not his choice and it's not their choice. He belongs to us.

More..

in a way he feel a bit sorry for the boy, if dalgleish backs out the deal now after holloway acting like a prat he may never get the chance to play for a top club in the EPL and end up at a villa or everton etc.. which is fine but the chance to play for liverpool doesnt come round that often... while i didnt overly rate him up here he seems to be doing well down the EPL (easier league perhaps? lol) joke

but in all seriousness hope he gets his big move (on the last minute of the transfer window so the gers have no time to do anything with it lol)

I dont feel sorry for him, he has 18 months on his contract, the least he can do for the club is wait 6 months and then move, Holloway has said he will let him move in the summer.
If Blackpool did not get promoted, does anyone think he would have even a fraction of the exposure he does now?

Got to love players trying to force a move midway through season, it's like a big FU to the club

Blackpool have rejected the transfer request from captain Charlie Adam.

Adam made the request earlier on Monday, but the club have wasted little time in turning it down.

The Scottish international is keen to secure a move away from Bloomfield Road with Liverpool leading the chase for him.

However, so far all bids have been rejected with manager Ian Holloway insisting he will not move unless their valuation is met.

He confirmed chairman Karl Oyston had shunned Adam's request.

"The decision to reject the transfer request was the chairman's decision," he said.

He continued: "If I was the Liverpool manager I would want to buy him because they have never replaced Xabi Alonso.

"But you have to come up with the right amount of money. I don't want to stand in his way, but they have to put up or shut up."

Holloway revealed Oyston had taken a call from the Reds' director of football strategy Damian Comolli on Sunday night which merely left the picture even more confused.

"He ummed and aahed and apparently did not make much sense," said Holloway - who confirmed Adam would be involved against Manchester United on Tuesday.

"If I tried to stop that boy playing against Manchester United he would probably kill me.

"Charlie loves this club and just because he puts a transfer request in doesn't change that."

Back