Holloway: Adam good enough for United

snapman

VIP Member
Staff member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blackpool manager Ian Holloway believes midfielder Charlie Adam is good enough to play for Manchester United

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway believes midfielder Charlie Adam is good enough to play for Manchester United.

The 25-year-old has been heavily linked with a move away from Bloomfield Road this month, with the Seasiders reportedly turning down a £3.5 million offer from Aston Villa.

Holloway insists that Adam will stay with the club until the end of the season, unless he receives an offer from the likes of Manchester United before the January transfer window shuts.

"If they think he is worth just £3.5 million they are watching a different game,” he said.

"I have got a plan and I think he should stay with us until the summer. He would be in a fantastic position then. The crowd love him, the players love him, he would have a choice as long as his arm.

"Charlie doesn't need to go to a club that is struggling. I am imagining the lad playing with [Manchester United strikers] Wayne Rooney or Dimitar Berbatov at the end of his passes. I can't see why not, he's good enough for that.

"My goal is to get him to a top four club. Why should he go anywhere else? I have asked him to think about it. Why not keep us up and then move on?

"If Manchester United or someone rang me up with a realistic offer I might have to consider it. Until then, dream on.”

Former Rangers player Adam has scored four goals this season, including important penalties in the wins over Liverpool, Newcastle and West Brom.

Blackpool occupy ninth place in the Premier League following the 2-1 win over Liverpool on Wednesday.

"He wants to go to a bigger club than us,” Holloway said. “Well there are not too many better off than us at the moment. He is part of that. I want him to go to a place where he is not just plugging a hole and his manager is in a solid position.

"We are a well-run club. We might take a gamble by keeping Charlie and then let him go in the summer when his contract has just a year left.

"We don't have to sell and, to be fair, Charlie also owes us."

Source

rab its actually 20%... you might be able to fix that tv yet..

holloway is bricking it

adam wants to leave cos of the club messing him about over unpaid bonuses about 3 months ago

he has 18 months left on his contract and as the contract expiry becomes nearer his value drops and his wage demands increase

i know for a fact my club birmingham are interested as the manager has ties with adam

but with one of our main defenders out for possibly the rest of the season we are looking at another defender now instead

robbie keane could however join but that is another story entirely as Tottenham are very hard to negotiate with

rab its actually 20%... you might be able to fix that tv yet..

It's officially 10% mate. Heard it on Clyde today. Wish it was 20% though!!!

Watched him against wba last night.
His passing and through balls were world class. Shame he gave a ball away cheaply at one stage.

Back