blacknox 500s

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya guys - got a blackbox 500s which i assume is a clone dm500s. It has commando v14.5 on it..i want to flsh the latest commando image on it...i downloaded the latest one for dm500s which is Commando_15.0d_dm500_28-10-2014 but when i try to upload to box via null modem cable it says its wrong iomage...where do i get the .nfi image from...cheers....for some reason remote wont repsond with box, so i thought id flash a new image..lol

are u sure its a dm500 clone?

i had a dm600pvr which i thought was a dm500.

connect to it using dreamup, it should tell what box it is..

oh and the remotes are diffrent for them boxes so a dm500 remote doesnt work properly..

its a

17:22:23 box type: DM500
17:22:32 Ping result: OK, box is alive and speaking to us ;-)

im trying to flash a new image to it..the present one is working commando 14.5 but i cant get into the box to add my line it is password protected which i dont know foolowed this link below on youtube to change password but doesnt seem to work it has tux box commander installed already, trying to ftp to the box but dont kow login details..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5BH9FJBkgY

no what im saying is shudnt the image be in .nfi format and not in the .img format as the newest commando 15.0 is ?...i tried that new image but it wont upload image in .img format...

cheers guys all sorted flashed latest commando 15.0d image, great image, all working fine...cheers

cant you ftp the image to the temp folder and upgrade image thru
the software update in the commando menu

i suppose i could have but the box had a password on it and i didnt know what it was, i tried th txbox commander to change the password back to default but didnt work...just reflashed dlatest commando on it...to be honest i just had the box lying around in the attic...dont need it as i have a few vu boxes that i use...are these worth anything probably will sell it if anyones interested..can put in for sale section..

Back