Black ice!!

fireblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
have not long come from my local supermaket was coming home with my parents and the car was all over the place must have took us about 30 mins to get home, the roads was havoc bigtime!! just be carefull if you are goin out tonight in your car have heard the temp is goin to drop below -0

:xmas:

Been below 0 for the past week here in West Brom, had some light snow 4 days ago and it is still frozen over lol, got a load coming down at the minute. Cannot wait to get out and frolic in the snow lol

the roads are deadly the now the estate i stay in has not been gritted at all i cant get out with my car if i want to go anyway its with my 2 feet or walk to the end of my estate to get picked up on the main road surley cause it a private estate they should be gritted what are we paying all the taxes for

the roads are deadly the now the estate i stay in has not been gritted at all i cant get out with my car if i want to go anyway its with my 2 feet or walk to the end of my estate to get picked up on the main road surley cause it a private estate they should be gritted what are we paying all the taxes for

North Lanarkshire are only gritting main roads m8.

They claim thats all they're obliged to do.

its a fecking 'mare here like!

i've been oot shovelling snow and gritting the car parks/stands all day! please dont snow please dont snow please dont snow!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

(Quote) v14...
North Lanarkshire are only gritting main roads m8.

They claim thats all they're obliged to do.
>
>
thanks for letting me know mate its a disgrace but i suppose just need to take it on the chin..don't get me wrong i love snow on Xmas day as the kids love it and it makes it more festival..

Last edited:

Generally most LGA only grit bus routes, or outlying areas. They dont normally venture into the estates unless their bin wagons are having a problem getting up any banks on the estates, a series of accidents on a particular road etc. TBH the wagons probably would have to work 24/7 if all the roads authority area were gritted.
On a side note our lads gritting reckon the salt stockton council are using is shite and not as good as used in the past. Roads have been gritted on 20 gram spread 2 -3 times daily and its not been shifting the snow as it should.

Possible -16 in some parts of Scotland tonight,
brr thought it was cold now. !! :(

Possible -16 in some parts of Scotland tonight,
brr thought it was cold now. !! :(

They laugh at -16 in Canada.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x768VAsOQSw[/ame]

Generally most LGA only grit bus routes, or outlying areas. They dont normally venture into the estates unless their bin wagons are having a problem getting up any banks on the estates, a series of accidents on a particular road etc. TBH the wagons probably would have to work 24/7 if all the roads authority area were gritted.
On a side note our lads gritting reckon the salt stockton council are using is shite and not as good as used in the past. Roads have been gritted on 20 gram spread 2 -3 times daily and its not been shifting the snow as it should.

you mean stockton council have actually been out gritting lol :banana:,i noticed the -16 in scotland too in the weather earlier and thought my eyes were playing tricks :)

Back