Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Black Cats close on Richardson

Welshboy Taffy

Inactive User
By Graeme Bailey - Created on 14 Jul 2007
Sky Sports

richardson_kieran.jpg

Sunderland are widely reported to have agreed a deal with Manchester United for Kieran Richardson.

The England midfielder is now due in the North East to hold talks with a view to finalising a move to Wearside.

It is believed Sunderland have agreed to pay United £5.5 million for the 22-year-old - who has come through the youth ranks at Old Trafford.

Manchester City's new chief Sven Goran Eriksson - who gave Richardson his international debut - is also thought to be keen.

However, Richardson's former United team-mate Roy Keane appears on course to secure his signature.

he aint a bad player in my eyes, looks like ryan giggs did when he first started for united, so given some time and confidence i think the lad will do well especially at sunderland where there wont be as much pressure on him.

i bet a few other clubs would have had him if the truth was known, he must be usefull as he got into uniteds first team a few times.

You are right m8, he aint that bad...just a bit lazy IMHO, anyone that is asked to pull on a Man utd shirt (except those of us who hate you...lol) should run the legs off for the club, same with any club really, he never did that but is pretty skillful, maybe he just was overawed and may settle better at Sunderland.

Back