Get the foooook in

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
We deserved it and I'm over the moon for richardson, that was a bullet shot !

I must admit I though mags were going to nick it at one point but our lads kept going 100% Nice to see Jones on as well, once he's fit we will have an awesome strike force.

Kieran Richardson's stunning free-kick gave Sunderland their first home derby victory over Newcastle in 28 years.

The former Manchester United midfielder lashed home an unstoppable effort which left Shay Given grasping at thin air in the 75th minute after Nicky Butt's cynical trip on El-Hadji Diouf right on the edge of the box.

Djibril Cisse had earlier fired the home side in front in the 20th minute when he was in the right place to stab home Steed Malbranque's scuffed cross-shot after the midfielder cut in from the left.

The lead was short-lived with Shola Ameobi climbing to powerfully head home Geremi's floated free-kick to the delight of the 3,000 travelling fans from Tyneside.

Joey Barton's presence on the touchline provoked some unsavoury scenes with the substitute forced to warm up in the technical area, before coming on for Butt in the 85th minute.

But it was left to Richardson, who had a similar free-kick ruled out at Fulham last weekend, to have the final say in a pulsating Wear-Tyne derby at a windswept Stadium of Light.

Ameobi, who had not scored in two years before Monday's draw with Manchester City, might have doubled his tally 13 minutes after the break.

But Sunderland could have won by a greater margin as substitute Kenwyne Jones headed just over and Cisse hit the inside of the post in front of a passionate sell-out crowd of 47,936.
Control

For 20 minutes or more, the home fans revelled in seeing their side assume total control as they mastered the blustery conditions and took the game to their opponents.

In a first half of few chances, Steven Taylor had to take the ball off Dean Whitehead's toe as he prepared to shoot, and was then grateful to see Cisse wrong-footed by his mis-kick as he attempted to clear Diouf's cross.

However, with Sunderland in the ascendancy, the opening goal arrived with 20 minutes gone when Malbranque, whose link up with full-back Pascal Chimbonda down the right caused all sorts of problems for the Magpies, drilled the ball across goal for Cisse to slide in and divert it past Shay Given.

But Newcastle gradually worked their way back into the game. Danny Collins and Anton Ferdinand had to make good blocks from Damien Duff and Obafemi Martins as the visitors finally made an impression in enemy territory.

However, it was man of the moment Ameobi who got his side back on terms, rising unopposed to power a 30th-minute header past keeper Marton Fulop, earning a rare start in place of the injured Craig Gordon.

If anything, the visitors held the upper hand as the half drew to a close and Fulop, who had looked less than certain under a series of high balls, made a solid 43rd-minute save from Duff after he had exchanged passes with Martins and powered his way into the box.

Volley

Cisse sent an overhead kick over the bar, but Martins smashed a left-footed volley just wide with the visitors continuing to make a fist of it.

With Duff and Geremi having switched wings at the break in an effort to curb Chimbonda's influence, the Magpies looked to have a better balance, although they were presented with a different problem with 57 minutes gone.

It was then that Roy Keane decided that the time was right to introduce Jones as a replacement, although it was Ameobi who almost gave his side the lead seconds later.

Martins broke from halfway and slid the ball into his strike partner's path but, after cutting inside, he sent his left-footed shot high over the bar.

After Barton's run-in with the home fans, Given had to block Cisse's scuffed shot and then watch Richardson's volley fly wide as Sunderland responded.

But the midfielder finally got his goal with 15 minutes remaining when, after Butt had tripped Diouf on the edge of the box, he smashed the resulting free-kick into the top corner.

Jones might have sealed the win two minutes later with a header which flew agonisingly over the bar, and Cisse smashed a long-range shot against the post, but despite a late flurry from the visitors, the points were safe.

i watched the match and that free kick flew like a bullet no chance in saving that one :Kickassro

at least you get the bragging rights until the next one

Roy Keane on Sunderland's win over Newcastle:

"It was good performance - I think we deserved to win the game. I enjoyed it, I thought it was a great atmosphere and I enjoyed it.

"Conditions were not great but I thought we handled them well. We passed it and moved it well.

"We edged the game in terms of chances. We were under the cosh at the end but we got through it. The players have got their just rewards after the last few weeks, when we didn't get our rewards.

"It was a brilliant strike by Kieran [Richardson] - a bit like is 'goal' last week.

"We thought it might have been a penalty but Kieran stuck it well in, the keeper had no chance.

"It was tight in the second half and it probably needed something special to win the game, thankfully for us one of our players did it.

"You've got to enjoy it; it's been a hell of a long time for the fans. Since I've been at the club the supporters have been fantastic, getting behind us and travelling in vast numbers.

"It's just three points, but mentally it was a test for the players - particularly at half-time because we had started the game well, then took our foot off the gas.

"I spoke to the players at half-time and said 'it's all in your head now'. This group of players are strong, they did well and it's good for the club.

"I talk about taking baby steps, this is another one, we're in the right direction.

"I was told about nine million times this week that Sunderland had not beaten Newcastle at home for 28 years. The record was the club's, not mine - I'm unbeaten against them at home!

"I looked at our squad, we have a lot of experienced players - Yorkie, Dioufy, Djibril, they have played a lot of games for big clubs. I wasn't worried for one minute before the game.

"I thought we were very positive and it was good to see Kenwyne on. The win meant a lot to the players - you saw that at the end of the game.

"We can't get on our high horse and think we've achieved something, far from it. Newcastle have been ahead of us for many years, it's a small step for us.

"We got three points today and that pushes us up the table."

you are still a shit team we are just shitter at the minute

how excited your fans are over one derby win shows how shit yous still are :salute:

HA HA yes thats right cry into your beer :) We won you lost. We are now 10 yes thats right TEN places above you in the league.

Lets just think of last season and how much greif we got for being in the position your in.

You like to give it but can't take it FTM !

HA HA yes thats right cry into your beer :) We won you lost. We are now 10 yes thats right TEN places above you in the league.

Lets just think of last season and how much greif we got for being in the position your in.

You like to give it but can't take it FTM !

I admitt you were the better team on the day makes a change as for not being able to take it dont understand what you mean lol.

Its just a derby away match to me it means alot to you nothing special in a lose for us as it was half expected anyway.

New wallpaper me thinks ;)

yeah try the championship one! yep you beat us we were poorer than you lot but! nice to see Stoke and Chelski wallop you lot Keano has problems with his team then god help you if you had an owner that didn't give a toss.

I think we are going to continue till the seasons end with what we've got don't expect Ashley to buy anyone if he ain't sold the team.

HEY DUTCHO KID whos higher in leauge noooo it took you over a quarter of a century to beat us at your home ground and you got so excited you proved how shite yous are it didnt last long m8 did IT were above you as usual and we intend to stay even without a manager your town city is as boring as your team

I think we should leave this banter till the end of the season as we always prove were the better northern team even at are worst were better then you.

my grandad said yous were a good team and in europe at one stage ?

but then again hes been dead for 45 year ?

oh if he could see youd now he would laugh his ass off :proud:

Re:

I would just like to add that following todays efforts against Pompey ANOTHER DEFEAT yous are still below us.

"Get the foooook in"

Re:

LOL Its a marathon not a sprint, the amount of chances we had to kill the game was unreal.

I still think we will finish higher than you lot this season.

COME ON FULHAM

If we pinch a point tomorra dutchy I can see us slowey moving away from yous yous look like a bottom 3 team :proud:

Re:

The said on BBC that Roy Keane was being booed by Sunderland fans today.

Re:

The said on BBC that Roy Keane was being booed by Sunderland fans today.

This post just gets better sorry dutcho m8

but why should the fans booo keane he just beat newcastle at home that was a massive step forwad for the team

:roflmao:

Re:

They booed the ref, my mate was there.

Now dont make a mountain out of a mole hill.

We played well just lady luck wasnt there for the 3 times we hit the post in the first half.

Back