Bitcoin mining anyone doing it on here ???

Yes i looked at that and the intention was not to make a profit from the S3 but to get a idea before i sink to much money in to it.
I am looking long term to mine BTC to hold and see what happens in the future to it.
No worse than buying a lottery ticket but you never know and i,ll learn something in the process.

If your uk, then you might want to bare in mind that the tax man will want his share too!

will have to dig out my metal detector, there again bit coin would prefer full coins :)

Just a update. So i got my S3 and have learn,t to configure the inbuilt cgminer and found a pool run by a guy called Kano.

Within 24 hours of joining the pool found 2 blocks which was nice except the pool has a ramp up time which mean,t my payment was only 0.00001157 BTc (about 10 cents lol)

They also do not send payments below 0.0001 which would be classified as dust payments due to transfer fees.

I have now picked up a Avalon 741 for a good price which should be arriving shortly and looking forward to setting up
Will give me 7.3 TH/s so will get me out of the dust payments.

I worked out you need minimum 600 GH/s to not receive dust payments with this pool on a 5ND ramp

Enjoying the learning curve and will do some numbers on profitability soon.

Geronimoe

Back