Bit of advice - which box

I did some testing when I had a TM600 here. I tried the DSII and Gemini ported DM images.

The DSII image was the best. There are no widescreen issues like in the UR images and the remote response is better than any other current image. I couldn't get a hardrive working but a USB pendrive for a swap file and picons did work. The Epg sometimes stayed empty on the OSD on 28.2e but if you pressed the red button 'now and next' would display in a box. All plugins worked correctly. The signal strength meter sometimes displayed 0% AGC on 1w even though the picture was perfect and glitch free.

The Gemini image has the widescreen bug that the UR images have. I couldn't get a hardrive or pendrive to work. Some plugins didn't work. I remember the 'live on sat' plugin didn't work.

Both images have the 0963 card Cccam glitch. I didn't test whether Cccam stayed active in standby when running as a server. If DSII could be further developed for the TM600 to run a harddrive, it would be an excellent image.

Last edited:
Great post Sisilia thanks....so it's looking more and more like the 0963 card compatibility issue is related to CCAM and TM hardware compatibility..not related to the image itself if the same issue exists on DS and ported Gemini images. (Glitching, not able to read card without NewCS entitlement updates not working). So if CCAM team dont have any TM hardware to test with or cant be bothered to tweak CCAM for he TM hardware platforms it's never going to work properly..regardless of what image changed are made...Intrestingly does this also mean ITGate hardware has the same issues with CCAM, will the new 800 HD have the same issues ?

The other issue with CCAM clients being disconnected in standby mode has already been mentioned as a UR image bug and should hopefully get fixed.

The DS image may be a better alternative than the UR image if the hard drive issue is resolved in the future..

UR team said that the cccam issue should be fixed by the end of the month and there is also word of PLI team making images for the tm800hd once its out.
i guess we'll find out!

Interesting to read about the member preferrings a box running ubuntu, because that is exactly what the TM800HD and TGS300 are. The hardware is good but I agree that the currently available software is lousy - cobbled together quickly from a mult-box DM version of the PLi enigma2 code. But it will improve as time goes by.

Meanwhile here is a little diagnostic tool I knocked up to help determine where the problems are. Just place the unzipped file in the /etc/ppanel directory and it will appear in the PPanels menu [yellow button],PPanels.

UR team said that the cccam issue should be fixed by the end of the month and there is also word of PLI team making images for the tm800hd once its out.
i guess we'll find out!

And Smargo support also, great they kept their promises :banana:

NOT!

Back