bios password

bong1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i just got a DELL INSPIRON 5000E LAPTOP off ebay and i have acess to xp but am locked out of the bios is there a way around this

the password is stored in the eeprom chip Some boards have a 24LC256 or 93C46
All of the EEProm chips used for Service Tag and Password storage so far have been 24 series the chip can be taken off and red
heres a link
h**p://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/CmosPwd#Cmos_password_recovery_tools_5.0_.28October_2007.29

ok the the problem is in the MB bios not the HD im learning which i do admitt so can you not solve the issue buy pulling the battery are a jumper and putting it back in i wasnt being sarcastic but I know theres loads a people out there that could solve this problem with out contacting SMELLY DELL so how can he solve the problem him self without waiting for 2 days assistance we all wanna learn here

NP m8..maybe I was a tad sharp earlier...apologies.

In most desktop machines, it is the case that you can remove, or short a jumper in order to reset the BIOS.

Laptops are different though, the security is much more stringent.
You can even set a password for the hard drive through the BIOS.

The use of these security measures makes the laptops a more viable solution to the serious business user.

Laptops by there very nature are portable.
What good would a portable system be to a government agency, law enforcement, health service official if the embedded security was so easily circumvented?

Oops...shouldn't have mentioned our government & security in the same sentence :)

I've heard that the Dell Notebook passwords can be reset by shorting the MB I have never tried this & would not recommend it.

FOLLOW THOSE INSTRUCTIONS AT YOUR PERIL!!!

The scary dudes in the pic's should be enough to put you off.

I can't stress strongly enough.
Try the Dell solution, or contact the seller first!!!

NP m8..maybe I was a tad sharp earlier...apologies.

I've heard that the Dell Notebook passwords can be reset by shorting the MB[/URL] I have never tried this & would not recommend it.

FOLLOW THOSE INSTRUCTIONS AT YOUR PERIL!!!

The scary dudes in the pic's should be enough to put you off.

I can't stress strongly enough.
Try the Dell solution, or contact the seller first!!!

if your willing to strip you lappy the rest is not that hard

Back