Bike tyres

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know were I can pick up some cheap 29x2.20 tyres (not tubless) deals offers ?.
I scoured round but there wanting £50 a pair, more than I paid for the Carrera bike for my son

Just wondering if anyone is in the know regarding parts and compatible replacements ?.

Compatible parts are cheaper and will not last as long as the original parts, and the weight will be heaver , depends on what you are after ?

I've just discovered the front mech's knackered a Shimano Tourney FD-TY700 for a triple 34.9mm 66-69degree top pull clamp. What's cheap decent and compatible ?. I can see loads identical but most the same are China and I can be @rsed with a 4 week wait

Last edited:
The chain stay part of the mech snapped and the chain catches and locks bike up20210805_133400.jpg

Last edited:
Dual pull so will be fine

6- 7- and 8-speed gear is all cross-compatible in terms of chain width.

Just in case count how many you have on the back wheel cassette if more than 8 that will be no good

Fleebay

Last edited:
Its the angle degree im bothered about, 63-66degrees or 66-69degrees on the front mech the swoop of the chain guide rail. Alot of the mechs dont say in the ads. I do know if you get that wrong they can sit too high.
Its 24 speed 8 cassette

put some tape round the mech before you take it off the so you have the correct height

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That one will work m8 Dual pull ect

You might not have to set up the high and low but most pronely you will have to m8

Best video to look at with (screw) settings high and low on your mech

Will give you a bit more understanding how the system works m8

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back