Bielsa sacking - thoughts?

Number one for me also, i think we have been crying out for two up front for ages. As long as it rodrigo and not tyler.:)

After watching that Wolves game you want to thank your lucky stars Bielsa's gone.
At 2-0 down I can guarantee Leeds would have lost by 4 or 5. And as for one of the commentators ( just after Leeds came back to 2-2) he said something on the lines of:
"You can see signs if the Bielsa side still in Leeds".

All's I can say he needs moving over to womens hockey or snowboarding because he knows absolute nothing about football what so ever.

Leeds although they are still conceding to me seem more organised and now ?, committed. No more bombin round man to man marking like headless chickens then getting picked off.
Their a different side altogether. Love Bielsa yes but be thankful he's gone or you'd be heading to the Championship faster than sh#t off a shovel but with Ted in charge you'll be fine

Thought the second yellow for the Wolves sending off was a little harsh. Both players went in for the ball and contacted together at same time with no difference. If it was to be a yellow then maybe for the Leeds player as well ?

Thought the second yellow for the Wolves sending off was a little harsh. Both players went in for the ball and contacted together at same time with no difference. If it was to be a yellow then maybe for the Leeds player as well ?
understand what you’re saying but if the Leeds player had arrived 2nd he would have been sent off so to me it was a yellow card. First yellow card for their forward was lenient anyway. Plus if causing an injury means a card, as it did when Struyk tackled Elliot in Liverpool game, he had to go. What doesn’t add up is how the keeper who took out Liverpools player the other day wasn’t carded.

After watching that Wolves game you want to thank your lucky stars Bielsa's gone.
At 2-0 down I can guarantee Leeds would have lost by 4 or 5. And as for one of the commentators ( just after Leeds came back to 2-2) he said something on the lines of:
"You can see signs if the Bielsa side still in Leeds".

All's I can say he needs moving over to womens hockey or snowboarding because he knows absolute nothing about football what so ever.

Leeds although they are still conceding to me seem more organised and now ?, committed. No more bombin round man to man marking like headless chickens then getting picked off.
Their a different side altogether. Love Bielsa yes but be thankful he's gone or you'd be heading to the Championship faster than sh#t off a shovel but with Ted in charge you'll be fine
The attacking side of a Bielsa team is still there the fighting spirit is still there. The man to man marking is not but we are still shocking defensively. If Marschs wants plaudits he needs to sort us defensively because despite defending differently at the moment the end results is no better than man to man.

With players coming back, Cooper, Bamford and Phillip's all critical to how Biesla setup and played no one can say how he would of done. We will never find out but i for one feel we would of stayed up.

Marsch has done well so far and i hope as the team learn his style he will do even better.

Last edited:
I'll stick by it, Leeds have a better chance of staying up without him than with him. He wasn't prepared to change which would have been him and Leeds's downfall.
Thing is, had they stuck with him he would have gone anyway had they took the drop so it was better he went before they did.

I think Leeds need to sort out the middle of the park. Teams who concede few always have that donkey work horse in the middle 1 or 2 players who's sole job is to be the first line of defense.

Last edited:
I'll stick by it, Leeds have a better chance of staying up without him than with him. He wasn't prepared to change which would have been him and Leeds's downfall.
Thing is, had they stuck with him he would have gone anyway had they took the drop so it was better he went before they did.

I think Leeds need to sort out the middle of the park. Teams who concede few always have that donkey work horse in the middle 1 or 2 players who's sole job is to be the first line of defense.
That is the role that Phillips plays so let’s hope he is back soon. He is always badly missed as he is the cover for the defenders and reads the game ahead of them.

Phillips should be back for the next game. He was on the bench at wolves but they made it clear they did not intend to use him. From what I read bamfords injury is not that bad either. I hope he will be ready too.

Phillips should be back for the next game. He was on the bench at wolves but they made it clear they did not intend to use him. From what I read bamfords injury is not that bad either. I hope he will be ready too.
Usually hate international breaks but for once this break is a welcome one.

Phillip's in our side will earn us the points needed to stay up. I reckon he will be upto speed pretty quickly such is his quality.

Bamford causes me concerns, i think he did come back too soon. Probably needs the summer to fully get over his foot problems, even warming up for wolves he looked awkward on that foot.

He should be your saving grace but like we all know, it will take a 4-5 games to get match fit especially after he's been out for that length of time.
And if he isn't?, then you'll have to do it the old Barca way,
We'll score more than you ! 😀

Well after that weekend and the tough run in we have, Leeds seem favourites to drop. Burnley's form is very good at the moment and Everton picking up wins against teams they should not be seem's like another nail in our coffin. Dallas and Cooper now added to the injury list. Its not looking good.

Marsch has picked up points where we would of expected to pick up points he's not the guy to lead us in the Championship in my opinion. We now play too narrow which does not help our wingers and we are still a sieve at the back as we were with Bielsa

I'd prefer Dyche to try get us back out of the Champ should we drop.

I would be quite excited to see some of the youngsters given a chance next year - I agree we are likely to go down. We have some great talent - Bate, Summerville, Cresswell and the ones who have made first team debuts this season. Don’t like Dyche but he is a good manager.

I would be quite excited to see some of the youngsters given a chance next year - I agree we are likely to go down. We have some great talent - Bate, Summerville, Cresswell and the ones who have made first team debuts this season. Don’t like Dyche but he is a good manager.
Do you think we will stick with Marsch mate ?

Agree with you on our youth at Championship level 👍

I think we will stick with Marsch, be interesting to see how 49ers investment is affected by relegation too.

Personally I think Leeds will stick with him. I watched MOTD and their doing everything right bar that final ball decision hitting the right area's. There's no doubt he know's what he's doing and lets be fare to the guy, he's come into a side that needed change, without change you'd be nailed on for relegation.

I still think Burnely will go down

Final ball lol still not utilising a striker up front we use James nothing changed there, we only have one true striker available but thats his position and nothing phases him unlike James who freezes like a Rabbit in headlights at the sight of the goal . He just has no strikers instinct.

Play is narrow and are wingers are not as effective. Still shipping goals against the top clubs. And Marsch was seen fist pumping a 0-4 loss with a comment about its a loss but it was a performance.

I'll stick my neck out and say regardless of the league we are in and the team he builds and coaches his system to hes gone by Christmas.

Someone like a Kieffer Moore would have been a better Jan option for Leeds, he's done the trick for Bournemouth.

You just need someone to get their arse on the end of the balls thats going in the box because as far as I can see there's nothing wrong with them.

It's going to be a nail biter for all three clubs, sh#tty pants last day job for sure

What a bellend tackle to make against Chelsea which basically put paid to any chance of them getting at least a point.
If there was ever a time to play a club it was just before a Cup Final as players go half hearted.

To be honest looking who's got who left I can see it going to goal difference between Burnley and Leeds.

But,
You never fooking know you just never know

I thought we were gone a while back, can’t score a goal cos we have no striker. Although we do have a player who plays up front for Spain 🤔. Can’t see us getting another point to be honest. Oh well, all the excitement of trying to get promoted again, let’s hope it doesn’t take another 16 years!

Back