Best way to make picons?

jamesyboyjim

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys I was wondering what's the easiest way of making picons? Getting the actual images isn't the problem but how do you go about matching the names up to your services? I found a little program called picon updated which allows you to open your lame.db I think it was and match images up to channel names but it doesn't seem to work in windows 8.1 :( is there another way?

Just rename the image to suit the channel reference number

Sent from my es209ra using Tapatalk

What's the quickest way of doing that matey?

When on a particular channel press

Menu-Information-Service

Then take note of the service reference number ,

Them rename image to servicenumber.png but replace the : in the number with _

:)

When on a particular channel press

Menu-Information-Service

Then take note of the service reference number ,

Them rename image to servicenumber.png but replace the : in the number with _

:)
Thanx for your help wiz but I have an entire set to make, that'll take forever and a day! can it not be done on a computer much faster? How does @Rat and @snapman do it? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for your help wiz but I have an entire set to make, that'll take forever and a day! can it not be done on a computer much faster? How does @Rat and @snapman do it? :)

I'm sure at some point,somebody had to sit down and do it :)

Best / easiest way to make picons?

I'm sure at some point,somebody had to sit down and do it :)

Well I won't unless I really have to :D can dreambox edit be used I wonder? Hmm...

Even if I have a list of names and services on the PC so I could just copy and paste into every image that would be a big help

Re: Best / easiest way to make picons?

Well I won't unless I really have to :D can dreambox edit be used I wonder? Hmm...

Even if I have a list of names and services on the PC so I could just copy and paste into every image that would be a big help

Edited the thread title to suit so :D

Laziest way to make picons?

Edited the thread title to suit so :D

Not liking your tone boy! Lol change it back you bastward! I doubt nobody made a picon set by flicking through every service on their tv and ran back to the PC trying to memorise what it says in service info now did they. That would be madness! (Not Sparta) I don't mind putting the work in but let's be sensible please

Oi @wiz569 change the title back you douche bag! :D I'm telling @Mick!!! Lol

Not liking your tone boy! Lol change it back you bastward! I doubt nobody made a picon set by flicking through every service on their tv and ran back to the PC trying to memorise what it says in service info now did they. That would be madness! (Not Sparta) I don't mind putting the work in but let's be sensible please

Oi @wiz569 change the title back you douche bag! :D I'm telling @Mick!!! Lol

Nobody mentioned running,use the webif or compare to existing picons ;)

Laziest way to make picons?

Nobody mentioned running,use the webif or compare to existing picons ;)

Webif, that's a good idea! As for comparing there are no picons for this particular set to my knowledge anymore so I was going to make and share my own

With DBedit, you can assign picons.

Are these 28.2 picons by any chance?
I'll look at dbedit thanx mate :)

Nah they aren't for 28.2 if only lol

Webif, that's a good idea! As for comparing there are no picons for this particular set to my knowledge anymore so I was going to make and share my own

I'll look at dbedit thanx mate :)

Nah they aren't for 28.2 if only lol

Your talking cable aren't you ;)

Your talking cable aren't you ;)

If you mean the service I'm recieving comes into the house through a cable, then yes, yes I am lol but what is it attached to on the other end? A green box, a sat dish or a coat hanger on the roof, that would be telling hahaha :proud:

If you mean the service I'm recieving comes into the house through a cable, then yes, yes I am lol but what is it attached to on the other end? A green box, a sat dish or a coat hanger on the roof, that would be telling hahaha :proud:

I would say all three :)

So we can look forward to cable and terrestrial picons soon then ;)

I would say all three :)

So we can look forward to cable and terrestrial picons soon then ;)

Well I've been playing with dbedit and it does indeed work but its just soooooo tedious lol so yeah once I get it sorted I will share them, but first I better ask the original picon creators if they mind me renaming their picons for other services :)

Although thinking about it, everyone's services are different depending on location so there might not be much point :(

Last edited:
here is some i converted from a year ago origanal author was sandman had his permission. if you use a nemesis image picons work by name, if you use pli they work by service reference. if anyone using dm500 image i posted the skin on there i had removed picon space i can post one which includes space for picon if needed

Attachments

• picon.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
also tool i used was piconmanager 1.24 you can load your channel list on it,can't be sure i think if you use channel named picons it might convert to service reference for you, been a long time since i used it so not sure

also tool i used was piconmanager 1.24 you can load your channel list on it,can't be sure i think if you use channel named picons it might convert to service reference for you, been a long time since i used it so not sure

I tried this app (I think it was this) and it didn't seem to like windows 8.1 but dbedit does a decent enough job it just takes a bit of time which I don't have at the moment :)

Back