Best Netbook under £250

kevans

Inactive User
Reaction score
My lad is looking to buy a netbook with the collected proceeds of his birthday & savings (he's asked everyone for £££ not gifts this year!)

Anyone got any ideas on what he should get with his budget £250.

Probably 9 inch screen with decent resolution, 160GB, Windows, 1GB ram, 6 cell battery, Wi-Fi & a few USB ports.

Anyone already researched or bought similar spec?

Thanks

I bought the Advent one last year. Its very good. The only drawback is the size of the keyboard. The Gadget show did reviews of netbooks last week and the Samsung one came out on top. Slightly more expensive but the keyboard was larger.

i question the wisdom in these netbooks. why not try ht*p//www.laptopsdirect.co.uk this has to be the cheapest place i have come across for buying laptops. Laptops are no different from netbooks in my eyes, ok they maybe smaller and more compact but my sony viao is pretty small but is jam pact with more functionality than a netbook, more future proof too.

i question the wisdom in these netbooks. why not try ht*p//www.laptopsdirect.co.uk this has to be the cheapest place i have come across for buying laptops. Laptops are no different from netbooks in my eyes, ok they maybe smaller and more compact but my sony viao is pretty small but is jam pact with more functionality than a netbook, more future proof too.

I tend to agree - however he has a pc and was looking at an ipod touch mainly to play videos & mp3's and I suggested a netbook instead as it has all the portability he''s looking for plus advantages over the itouch.

I can recommend the Lenovo S10e, it's a great little laptop and can easily run as a hackintosh if he wanted. The build quality is excellent too, much better than my old eeepc.

The samsung NC10 is a decent netbook it is very highly rated and is just the £250 marker i think!

I got a NC10 recently and i can say it is pretty decent but i paid £300 for mine but i think they are cheaper now!

The NC10 has good battery life the wireless is decent and the keyboard is ok to type on.

i dont have one, but always liked the aspire one

i personally have the eee 1000h, wireless n and 160gb but mainly bought as the battery works for 5 hours

aspire one is a great little netbook with good support.

a linux one is now a lot less than £250.
The installed Linpus is very basic, but Mandriva runs great and Ubuntu Netbook Remix is easily configured.

Back