best mod to install to upgrade from twilight hack

theseeker

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am still running the old twilight hack with gamma disc loader and want to update so as to be able to back up a few games the kids had for christmas that wont work on it.

Whats the best way to go about this ? Can I just install a new loader on existing setup (as I already have homebrew installed) or do I need to do a official update to 4.2 and run through the easy 4.2 hack?(see I have used the search button ;) )

I know mickie asked this in a earlier thread but the answer was a bit vague.

Also, if the answer is to do the official update, wont that brick the wii?

Cheers in advance

Theseeker

The 2 wii's i have done were both on that version like yours 1 was chipped the other only softmodded I updated both then removed the backup channel useing the wii menu data>management > channel manager
I then updated from the internet and used the Easy 4.2e hack on both just be aware that when it says select something you use the wiimote cross left/right or up/down
for instance uninstall the 4 ios first use left to select uninstall then press A then down for the next one and select uninstall

edogg

my wii was done with twilight hack, u dont need to update, im on 3.4e still u just get the new wads and apps as long as you still have all ur stuff on sd, all games work great for me with cios249 rev 14 and neogamma r8 beta12

thanks guys for replys, i will look into both ways and make a decision

Back