Best media for BenQ & GTA IV?

running fine here with a benq drive,i can`t remember if it was the icon release,nearly sure it was though,i know it was the 1st uploaded release though.

That will be the icon release dave :) ....as far as I'm aware the icon release is the only PAL release so far and the game is region locked so not sure why monkey keeps asking peeps if they used the ntsc release :err: lol

the daughters is running fine aswell on a benq drive
That will be the icon release dave :) ....as far as I'm aware the icon release is the only PAL release so far and the game is region locked so not sure why monkey keeps asking peeps if they used the ntsc release :err: lol

what speed are the drives flashed with out of interest mate?

Did your replacement laser show up yet?

Are you using the NTSC version Chookey? Or which release was it, I'm guessing it wasn't by Icon?

Also what speed is your 360 drive running at, and how did you burn the image?

:)
Sorry for the late reply MONKey I work nights. Just done a check and it is the icon release from newsgroups. I'm glad mx answered the drive speed question as I didn't have a clue.

Burnt the image using clonecd at 2-2.4 again following the advice of mx, diamond geezer or what?

Chookey

Because some peeps have imported console's and the NTSC is reported to have no issues what so ever ;)

Sorry for the late reply MONKey I work nights. Just done a check and it is the icon release from newsgroups. I'm glad mx answered the drive speed question as I didn't have a clue.

Burnt the image using clonecd at 2-2.4 again following the advice of mx, diamond geezer or what?

Chookey

Well that either means then that there are some BenQ drives out there that are Newer and not as good as the old drives. Or it could be what burners peeps are using.

I used a Pioneer 111D. What burner did you use Chookey m8, and the rest with a BenQ and no problems?

(Still don't understand it though as I have given my copy to a m8 that has an Hitachi and a Sammy and it works fine in both his.....)

No still waiting m8.

Blimey...thats taking its time mate. Was it a China based seller?

both at x8 m8

That rules that out then mate... I was hoping it was going to be something simple for Monkey to pin down as I know the game is running fine at stock speed and I think Monkeys is running at x8 so was sort of hoping it was going to be a speed issue.

Chookey

I actually burn everything at x4 Chookey... as I've never ever had a single problem or coaster I'm reluctant to slow things down but the rule of thumb with burning is the slower the burn the deeper the burn resulting in what is supposed to be a more stable data transfer. Like I say though I've never had any problems burning at x4 and some peeps burn even faster than that without any issues... I think witchy burns at x8. I guess its down to personal preference mate.

Because some peeps have imported console's and the NTSC is reported to have no issues what so ever

He's a wriggly fooker this one lads ;) lmao ....I don't think the icon release is at fault here mate or everyone would be complaining of the same issues ;)

Well that either means then that there are some BenQ drives out there that are Newer and not as good as the old drives. Or it could be what burners peeps are using.

I used a Pioneer 111D. What burner did you use Chookey m8, and the rest with a BenQ and no problems?

(Still don't understand it though as I have given my copy to a m8 that has an Hitachi and a Sammy and it works fine in both his.....)

Did you get around to trying the original mate? I wonder if that will throw up the same issues?

The pioneer 111D was the daddy for burning the 360 titles when the scene first kicked off so I cant see your burner being the problem... cant rule it out though as these could be considered as being quite old drives now and as with everything there is obviously going to be some kind of reduction in performance over a period of time. Saying that though my 111D is still going strong mate :proud: ....Simple way to put that to the test would be to burn some other titles and see if they throw up any probs mate although again I would guess that maybe things are ok seeing as the GTA you burnt works fine on your mates drives :err:

Not according to his claims,but i don`t believe him,i have emailed him twice with no reply so i have put a dispute in with ebay and paypal,i have ordered another in the meantime.
Blimey...thats taking its time mate. Was it a China

Yes it is a tricky one mxwizard lol

Also as for being wriggly, lol, another reason for me asking was not all people reading these threads are UK based. (I must be a slimy one now eh ;)) lol

The origional runs fine m8 and I did mention this in post #9 :err:, I've also reflashed my drive to 12X with no difference what so ever so I've dropped it back to 8X as 12X is just to damned noisy and GTA only boots 4 seconds faster at 12X than 8X so not worth the noise IMO.

As I have said this is a widespread problem a 2 second search on google for it will bring up many pages. And it's only related to the BenQ and PAL release which is why I have been trying to narrow the problem down.

I'm happy now anyway's as I only wanted the backup of this game till I could get hold of an origional, which I now have. I only tried to get it working backup up to see if I could help all the others having the same issues. I was hoping that the BenQ drive streamed better off certain media but even that doesn't seem to be the case.....

Last edited:
Using a pioneer 112D m8

I couldnt afford verbs this time round so bought a pack of bulpaq x8 disks. 25 for under a tenner. There working fine for gta 4 and everything else so far in my benq ( x12 firmware), using pioneer 111d. Printable too cant go wrong !

just to let you kno I am having the same problems with GTA IV and verbatims on a Benq drive.I am using the icon copy of the game,is there a solution?

Back