Best HD satellite receiver for weak signals

Merliin

DW Regular
Reaction score
Over the past year I have tested a few receivers for tuner sensitivity here are my results

1/ Technomate TM5302HD
2/ Technomate TM6900HD Super
3/ Technomate TM5402HD
4/ Spiderbox 9900HD
5/ Spiderbox 9000HD
6/ Technomate 6800HD
7/ Dr HD D15
8/ Blade 7000s
9/ AZBox Premium HD+
10/ AZBox Elite HD

The TM5302HD works as well on a 100cm dish as the Blade 7000s on a 120cm dish.

The TM5302HD is the best satellite receiver for weak signals & the software is much better now for the Blind Scan also the current back of new software from Technomate for the TM5302HD is excellent.

Last edited:
merliin, but most people believe for the fringes, the tm 5402 and the dr.hd f15 are the best.

Over recent weeks TM. 5302 HD. has came on leaps and bounds with thanks to the thread starter Merlin.

We hope to see the same progress for Tm 5402 AND M2 Version also in the near future.Also other closed source Tm. Stbs.

Enjoy your Stb. and happy hunting. jamsb.

merliin, but most people believe for the fringes, the tm 5402 and the dr.hd f15 are the best.

i have a DR-HD F15, TM6800HD and have just got a TM5302HD today.... so far the signs are very good for the TM5302HD on the blind scan/fringe reception side. if only the box did 4.2.2. acm/vcm/16/32apsk. Technomate could corner the enthusiasts market if they released a "dogs" stb but there has never been a box that does everything as they all have pro,s and cons its just a case of best for you and your needs i guess,regards mdt

just to chip in still got my spider 9000hd and its still fab,,

infact it does just about everything and the v box drives the motor dish,,

update on my TM5302HD... this box isnt as good as its made out to be as it wont handle certain dvbs2/8psk/mpeg4 signals properly.

55east. irib muxx.. audio garbled although ok on tm6800hd

3.1east. libya 1,3 feeds for epl picture constantly glitching/no audio-video with 70%sq

although the blind scan is excellent when will there be a stb that works as it should do as these are fta channels using normal transmission methods that the stb is supposed to cope with. there are other channels around the arc that it cant resolve aswell (media office on 39e an example). back to the drawing board for Technomate again i guess. regards mdt

So this receiver the 5302 is not all what its cracked up to be and you forgot to mention the dreadful remote control lag that happens with the latest patch which incorporates UPC. Back to the drawing board phantom your 99.9% receiver just dropped back to 70%

Back