Bercow in charge

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
It just shows you how bad modern politics is when we allow one person (who is against Brexit) who's using century old laws to have the last say ?.
Does it matter how many times MP's have to vote as just as long as they come up with a solution ?.
So wrong on every element, he's basically ruled over 17.2 million people, all our MP's and the Prime Minister by throwing a spanner in the works full well knowing it will make things grind to a halt.

Yes is does matter how many times we can vote. The PM thinks it’s OK to put the same deal forward 3 times for a vote when it has been resoundingly defeated twice already. Would we have vote 4, 5, 6.... until it gets approved?
But we cannot have a second referendum on the actual brexit vote. Because the people have voted, that’s binding but her vote is not?

Even though the leave campaign has been proven to have propagated lies and deceit? As well as spending anomaly’s.

He has not ruled over 17.x million, as “they” voted to leave, and not for a deal......

As much as I cant stand the bullying little prick on this occasion he's perfectly entitled to this judgement, she (May) simply cannot keep bringing
this turd back to parliament no matter how many times she polishes it, best thing to do all round would be a general election, people can then
decide based on the parties manifestos who they want and how hard or soft they prefer their brexit for breakfast, I was neither for nor against
brexit BUT I do believe in democracy and the majority's wishes must be delivered upon.

Oh and one last thing, welcome home @nara ;)

One man should not have the kind of power, he wasn't voted in by the people he should look after the house not us. My point is, let those muppets vote on that decision for the deal not to be kept been regurgitated not one guy.
As for "propagated lies and deceit" it works both ways.

watch with laughter
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
By his accounts by now I should be dressed in rags eating out a mud puddle. I'm not bothered about lies both sides lied something awful what I am saying is, no one person in Westminster should hold power like that when he's never been voted in by the people. By all accounts it's something like a Its a 200 year old law and should not be worth the paper it's written on. I mean did you know that still today;-

Under the Metropolitan Police Act 1839, for example, it is illegal for the 'keeper of a public house to permit drunkenness on premises'

"Sorry your honor I was a8seholed, not the cat o' 9 tails again ffs !"

As of 1839, it has also been against the law to beat or shake any carpet or rug in the street. You can shake your doormat, however, but only before 8am in the morning.

!Jesus , !! not the cat o' 9 tails again, there was crisp from the kids on the rug m8, ffs"

It is also illegal to sing any profane or obscene song or ballad in any street, or to 'willfully and wantonly' disturb people by ringing their doorbells or knocking at their doors - although good luck enforcing that on Halloween.

Oh no not a f**kin again , my harse is still on fire from the rug, it was Auld Lang Syne pal, New Years, just let me just get me keks down will ya, you ripped the last lot"

In Scotland, on the other hand, it is apparently still illegal to turn someone away if they knock on your door and ask to use your loo.

"What again ???? just hang on abit !! he was blind drunk, he knocked on the wrong door at 3 in the morn then ask me if he could use the loo for a dump. He had a turtles head popping out. Right ok ok o, , pants are down ,,,,whip away !!"

Brexiteers don't seem to like it up 'em. 🙄

Again, as MH said:
Because the people have voted, that’s binding but her vote is not?

You can't have it both ways.

I am of the opinion we should have another referendum. I don’t fully subscribe to the people have voted, we should follow it through.
We have learnt a lot since the vote, and whether you are for or against is not the discussion. It is we have all been educated on the implications of what brexit could entail. So based on this, people could make a more informed decision.
Just like we do every 4 sorry 5 years (Cameron), we have the ability to change our minds. Unless you vote x because your dad did.

I am of the opinion we should have another referendum. I don’t fully subscribe to the people have voted, we should follow it through.
We have learnt a lot since the vote, and whether you are for or against is not the discussion. It is we have all been educated on the implications of what brexit could entail. So based on this, people could make a more informed decision.
Just like we do every 4 sorry 5 years (Cameron), we have the ability to change our minds. Unless you vote x because your dad did.
I agree but I do feel the country will cut its nose off to spite its face. The whole thing is shambolic I I lay the blame for it wholly with David Cameron.

So lets say we vote again and we vote out in round 2 ? back to square one or have best of 3 - 4 . Next general election , lose eerr not good enough rd2 please best of 5 first to 9 ?

Those who voted remain along with the PM at the time were sock coksure Ladbokes made 1/8 on and same again so sure we will vote remain. Who told lies ? both, both were full of sh!t. So what have we learned since we haven't left ? nothing because it's still based on the "what if" and idle threats the Monsters Inc "Its under the bed".
Dummys in and lets leave and get rid of that wide mouthed frog in Westminster who should have no say bar keep "OOORDER !! over those bunch of muppets.

The one thing I voted for out was because ,

I like the thought of the UK been run under UK laws not some bunch if idiots on 250k a year
rant , gone , get rid of the little guy

It just shows you how bad modern politics is when we allow one person (who is against Brexit) who's using century old laws to have the last say ?.
Does it matter how many times MP's have to vote as just as long as they come up with a solution ?.
So wrong on every element, he's basically ruled over 17.2 million people, all our MP's and the Prime Minister by throwing a spanner in the works full well knowing it will make things grind to a halt.

You're really confused there mate, he was just doing his job.

I still don't know what all the fuss is about, if there is no deal reached by the 29/03/2019 then the default is to leave without a deal, we then invoke Artical 24 and go to WTO rules which enables us to go on at the current rate of zero tariffs for a "reasonable" length of time, there are quotes of up to 10 years but a more realistic time frame would be 1 or 2 years, this would be plenty of time to strike a deal with the EU from outside, the negotiations would then be on a more even keal for both sides

This load of MPs will not let a no Brexit deal happen, takes to much money off them,makes them look ineffectual and could ruin their gravy train. My area voted to leave but our labour mp voted to remain, hope she is out next election

You're really confused there mate, he was just doing his job.
No confusion fusion here m8, because there's a law written around the time witch dunking was law doesn't mean you have to use it unless you have an alterior motive.
His car had a nice sticker in it, sorry his wife's, say no more.
One guy who was for remain has basically ruled over the whole nation. Did you vote for him ?.
The threads not a Brexit thread whether we leave or remain it's about one guy. Does it matter if they vote 2-3-4-5 times ?. They need to keep tweeking it bit by bit as there's no way massive changes without be made overnight but Bercow has now stopped that the idiot.

Get the wide mouthed small guy out I say, or dunk him I heard it's still law along with sheep riding through Surrey with your tezzies out

Last edited:
Did you vote for him ?.

Nope. MPs vote for The Speaker and thereafter have to abide by his rulings.

That's the way a Parliamentary Democracy works. You can't change the rules just because they don't suit you. Which is something that the Maybot has been attempting for a while.

Ah right so the blind leading the blind, no need for a PM speaker says how high using Cromwell laws

Dunk the frog

Last edited:
Alwight nara! Hope all is well.

One guy who was for remain has basically ruled over the whole nation. Did you vote for him ?.
The threads not a Brexit thread whether we leave or remain it's about one guy. Does it matter if they vote 2-3-4-5 times ?

As nara has already stated you don't vote for the speaker. It's just a wild stab in the dark but I reckon you have no idea how any of this works.

Yes it does matter if MP's repeatedly vote on the same thing, it's akin to harrassment and bullying especially the way that it is being played out. Bercow did us all a favour! You should be rejoicing him, saving the PM from further national/international humilation well erm kinda unless you're into that kind of thing.

Armed with all of that misinformation I just hope that no Brexit nutter does a Liam Neeson on him.

You reckoned wrong but there you go, I reckon you not far behind me in reckoning what I reckon hell is going on. I hope you can reckon that out because I cant reckon it

Last edited:
I may say something that might be controversial or maybe stupid in some peoples eyes but I feel that all the posturing from the EU countries is just that, Posturing! My take on this is if Britain leaves - I say the European union has 2 maybe 3 years before it dissolves, were one of the biggest countries shoring up the proverbial banks of the European river slowly teetering over the edge of collapse. If Germany hadn't gone in to recession then maybe they'd have lasted a bit longer but the biggest countries in the EU can keep the European union going alone. Hence why i said a posturing stance from the other members of the union, the best defence is a good offence? Maybe if we treat Britain harshly over brexit we might deflect eyes from a crumbling entity we are a part of and force Britain into surrendering? Some people say that Britain is a joke and the European union member countries are having a rare old laugh at our expense, but they were already laughing at Britain in public and behind our backs anyway. I say we should get out now, lick our wounds and recover and secure our own trade deals with other countries before the European union does collapse, we'd get a better deal now than we'd get when there are 40 odd European union member states all scrambling for a good trade deal.

Last thing I will say on this, Every newspaper, politician and anything brexit I've seen or read has always said a 'no deal' would be bad. I just have a gut feeling that this is not true and is only scaremongering but that's only a shower thought....
🤷‍♂️

Short to mid term a no deal imv would be disastrous for our country and see us fall into a deep and lasting recession. Long term I think we would recover but to me the best bet would be to leave with a deal

Back