Belkin wireless router

cat123

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to set up a wireless network in my house so that my girlfriend could surf the net on the laptop while I was on the computer but it don't work.

I'm not really bothered about that but when I try to take the router out I lose my internet connection, Im totally confused now. I have to keep it in to use the net but I don't need it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

:THANKS:

i have a belkin wireless router and i am confused by your question why would you take the router out as you must be using this to connect to the net or have you something else as well

take a picture and upload it m8 to see if u have the wires the right way around

i have a belkin wireless router and i am confused by your question why would you take the router out as you must be using this to connect to the net or have you something else as well

I guess it all depends on whether its a wireless modem router or just a wireless router?

As Smirnoff says, post a piccy or let us know the Belkin Model No. m80 :)

if its the belkin wireless router g version then this is what you need to do

from you modem you should have a ethernet lead coming out put this into the back of the router in the green port.

then you want a ethernet lead coming out of the router from any of the blue ethernet ports to the back of your computer towers lan port.

now your internet should work on pc

then go to 192.168.2.100 (off top of my head) in internet explorer
then go to security settings and just use the drop down box to no security for the minute click ok.

now go on laptop and enable either belkin wirless usb software or right click on belkin tv symbol in tray and click enable windows wireless configeration.

then you can go to start menu/control panel/network connections/wireless right click -view wireless connections click on yours and click connect.

to reenable yours disconnect router if all above fails. pull all leads out.
and just insert modem ethernet lead to back of pc tower lan port go to network connections and create a new connection but it should be auto (u might have assigned a static ip though which needs to be configured for auto dhcp)

Thanks

Hi,

I think that I set the router up correct but there is a problem with the laptop, receiving the wireless connection. I have cable connection so am only using a router for wireless connection not modem aswell.

I tried removing the set up by putting the cable modem back in the tower and it simply didn't work. I can now only receive the net through the router.

Thanks for your help guys I'll mess about with it some more and see what I can come up with.

Cheers

: thanks :

Hi,

I think that I set the router up correct but there is a problem with the laptop, receiving the wireless connection. I have cable connection so am only using a router for wireless connection not modem aswell.

I tried removing the set up by putting the cable modem back in the tower and it simply didn't work. I can now only receive the net through the router.

Thanks for your help guys I'll mess about with it some more and see what I can come up with.

Cheers

: thanks :

when you put the modem out of the router to your pc do you then turn the modem off and back on? if not ull need to do that so the modem assigns the pc an IP i wouldnt work just by unplugging from router and puting in pc

Back