Been ripped off on Ebay !

carlos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a i phone 4 32 Gb for £ 406, which aint turned up !

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

i have opened a dispute with paypal as ebay wont let me start one till the 30 october !

shes not answering any emails, surprise surprise, she has marked it as despatched on the 18 th on ebay and marked it despatched on paypal on 19 th, but courier and tracking number are blank.

Hope i get me money back !!

so just beware of this seller if she tries to sell another.

the sellers name is Katie Dodson from manchester

Cheers

Looks like she already has the person seems like anothe persons iphone did not arrive.
Where is your Negative feedback warning people?.

Last edited:
are you covered by seller protection? if so, i wouldnt worry too much about it.

I hope so mate .

I have left negative feedback for the Scum now.

Someone else just emailed me asking about it and said they have bought an ipad 2 off them and it aint showed up surprise surprise !

Must have made a few grand in a couple of days with all she has blagged, if indeed it is a girl, could be fookin anyone !

SCUM !!

Why do these Chinese rip off merchants choose Manchester as a false location, maybe they know it's reputation. :)

Looking back as a buyer it's all been from Hong Kong.

Personally I'd be very suspicious of someone with such a low feedback and who has never sold a phone before.

In situation like these what happens if the person has transferred the money out of their paypal account, ether buy withdrawing it to the bank or the other favourite sending it to another paypal account, which is a lot quicker.

Does paypal pay you and then start proceedings to get the money off the seller, or will paypal wait until they get the money from the seller before paying you?

Tut Tut carlos

92.3% Positive feedback (30)
28 are from her buying and not sold by her
£401.90 to someone with not that much feedback i would of looked else where for the phone.

but as you say you`ve paid via paypal you will get your money back in time
pain in the arse i know
also as long you did pay them paypal/gift ?

chin up ;)

prety sure if you pay by paypal you are covered upto 500 pound. I hope you get your money back......

I buy & sell all the time on ebay & would allways be very wary of a seller with low feedback selling high priced items.

cheers

Steve.....

Why do these Chinese rip off merchants choose Manchester as a false location, maybe they know it's reputation. :)

Looking back as a buyer it's all been from Hong Kong.

Personally I'd be very suspicious of someone with such a low feedback and who has never sold a phone before.

In situation like these what happens if the person has transferred the money out of their paypal account, ether buy withdrawing it to the bank or the other favourite sending it to another paypal account, which is a lot quicker.

Does paypal pay you and then start proceedings to get the money off the seller, or will paypal wait until they get the money from the seller before paying you?

Good question, hopefully someone on here can enlighten us.

Why should we wait to be refunded, thats what paypals all about isnt safe buying for ebayers i thought,

yes mate, paid with paypal not gift.

it was 100 % feedback before we both put our negative ones in.

i know, i should of checked if it was buying or selling feedback first before buying it,

I remember when I and a load of others went round buying tom toms from China knowing they were scams I spent over 600,000 euros on them and got banned from ebay, but do you know I even bought them from Northampton off hacked accounts, so maybe this account has been hacked and the real person does not even know

Yeah, defo looks like it. Easy password is cracked, list a few high price items, pocket the money and vanish. Real owner who hasn't logged in for ages unaware

If someone hacks an eBay account how do they get paid?

Would they have to associate a card with PayPal or something?

Another thing to watch out for Ebay is people selling high value items. Although they may have 100% feedback sometimes their previous trading is made up of very low value items in order to get their feedback score up. If it is their first high value trade be very wary.

just an update to this and i have now been paid out , happy days. Full Refund.

just checked the profile of the seller which was post earlier and there was 15 in total that they got away with .

Another thing to watch out for Ebay is people selling high value items. Although they may have 100% feedback sometimes their previous trading is made up of very low value items in order to get their feedback score up. If it is their first high value trade be very wary.

this is defo on to watch out for, fell for one me self, 100% feedback, sold electrical goods in one day and they made like 25 grand, i got a doller coin in the post which was proof of delivery! bit of a battle on my hands as the automated paypal etc. and the seller providing tracking was an uphill struggle, got me cash back in the end though!

Watch out for the above though as stated.

Glad you got you cash back.

Back