Been Out the PS3 Loop - missed loads!!!

What CFW are you on now then mate?

ha! no worries. ah so it has CFW on it, what versions is it on at the minute then, and all ways have multiman updated to the latest one, either online do it, or do it via USB, it's all ways good to keep that updated when installing new CFW.

Before you upgrade then make sure you have no disk in the machine, and maybe remove your patch cable from the net.

They make sure you run the QA flag and follow the instructions.

* This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any OFW3.55/CFW3.55/CFW4.21/CFW4.30. :)

* For details about Downgrading back to CFW/OFW3.55 Please read the Downgrade Guide below in the link

it's all over at here mate

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
I've upgraded but now, I then went to blackb0x 1.2 and I got an error so i reinstalled it. porbelm im having is, I made a folder on the ps3 HD called movies and I would sometimes put the odd movie in there using FlashXP and blackb0x 1.2 but now i cant access this folder i just get an error with FlashXP saying cannot access this directory.

cool that your upgraded then :)

What happens when you run blackbox FTP? have you also put the latest multiman on, hopefully before you upgraded.

As for the FTP, run multi man, set it so the ftp never times out and use that to ftp into the ps3 :)

is it on the ps3 that's it not running, and have you checked you have the correct IP address etc. for flashfxp

Last edited:
oh and get your self a copy of play station media player, stick it on a pc some where, tell it where all your films are and then sit back and stream them all with out having to copy them to the PS3 to watch them, and then when your on it, install navi-x as well, that's all ways worth a look. free streaming :)

PS3-Media-Server.png

Code:

That will play all your movies back, wicked it is.

...and a little look at navi-x as well :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be honest I tried that , problem I had was I use a 750gb HD external on my PC for storage As my main HD is only small so keep all the movies on the 750. When I tried streaming on the 1080 stuff it would slightly stutter say every 2-3 seconds so now I just FTP them over and delete after. I think USB PC external hard drive isn't fast enough to read then stream.
Any tips on sorting that ?

have you hard wired your PS3 in are or you using it wireless ?

what rig is it that your streaming from, there are buffer settings and the like that you might be able to play with, I know the old "revo" that sits with mine on sometimes struggles at MKV and 1080 due to it's internals.

I was wrong about waiting for CFW updater to come out for 4.31!! LOL.
Hardware flasher or nothing for me...

ha! like it, keep me posted as I'd like to start a new "project" eflasher by pootas sounds the way forward though I admit!

oh and get your self a copy of play station media player, stick it on a pc some where, tell it where all your films are and then sit back and stream them all with out having to copy them to the PS3 to watch them, and then when your on it, install navi-x as well, that's all ways worth a look. free streaming :)

View attachment 70770

Code:

That will play all your movies back, wicked it is.

...and a little look at navi-x as well :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've found out that blackb0x was at fualt , when i used multiman it worked fine.

So now i thought i'd give ps3mediaserver a whirl so i installed 1.72 on windows 7 and i just get big red cross and "no renderers were found" . any idea's ?
T.I.A

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn your PS3 on and the go to video and search for media renderers are what ever it's called under "video"

Have a look under "traces" in the PS3 media server, there's a detailed log of what it's doing in there.

silverdale, sorry I missed this, must have read it on tapa, you sorted then ?

Back