Been Out the PS3 Loop - missed loads!!!

Shindig

DW Regular
Reaction score
I dabbled ages ago with one of those USB loader things and I reckon I sold it to someone here on DW.
Anyway, fired up the old PS3 and updated - 4.31.

Then came here and read what has been going on! Wish I had kept an eye on things, loads of development and ease to get onto a CFW!!!

I have to wait for 4.31 CFW flashing to come about, but this stuff deffo back on the radar again!

Ah yeah man, sorry to hear that, good news if you read the post below though and your willing to give it a go. before you buy any kit though let us know.

Shame you've upgraded as well mate, what version was it on.

Pootas unfortunately didn't have much luck with the eflasher. (read a few of the posts you'll see) hoping he can rectify it though. ;)

Here and here

Basically any ps3 apart from the 3000 series slims can be downgraded regardless of current firmware installed

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a phat PS3 80Gb that as on er... 4.30 I suppose.
No worries, I can hold off... gather some resources *wink* and wait. That Rogero seems to know his/her stuff so it will only be a matter of time.

Seen a 3.55 on gumtree today for 155.00. considering you can buy a ps3 for 60.00 that eflasher could be a good investment.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Well... I initially bricked the console...then un bricked...then did 5 consoles in a row no issues...just about to sell e3 flasher tho....one of my new years resolutions was to spend less time tinkering with stuff!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

ha! really did ya? well that's really good news that like mate isn't it! I was wondering how you'd been getting on and if you'd attempted it again, and there you are doing 5 of them in a row!

So your all sorted with your machine, what was it a solder job in the end of some sort? I think you said you had too if I remember correctly.

Congrats man. :)

As for the record since you've used one would you get that or the progskeet, if you knew now what you did then? also, does that still stand at the minute..... I'm defiantly wanting to get rid of the hover that calls it's self a PS3 and get a replacement, I'm open for having a blast at the down grading with the tools, I think....lol

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by pootas

Basically any ps3 apart from the 3000 series slims can be downgraded regardless of current firmware installed

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I initially bricked the console...then un bricked...then did 5 consoles in a row no issues...just about to sell e3 flasher tho....one of my new years resolutions was to spend less time tinkering with stuff!!!

Hi pootas

I would be interested in that flasher if your looking rid mate.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I still think the e3 flasher is a good bit of kit...slightly more noob friendly than a progskeet...

To unbrick I had to solder tri state nor **** order to power nor chip... I honestly think this should be done as a matter of course!!

right, thanks for that. :) A tiny little solder point! god I hate them........... You suggest doing that though, how come?

In basic terms I had a good dump, verefied etc I just didn't have power to that chip so couldn't write my dump... that solder just allows you to maintain power to the nor chip...make reading, writing a slightly safer process

I see, sorry for all the questions, why did that chip have no power then? was it because the e-flasher wasn't connected correctly when you went to write the nand, just wondering what was the difference between that and the other consoles that you done, unless you soldered them all before hand?

Thanks

If I'm honest I'm not entirely sure...I did 2 consoles without wire soldered and they were fine then decided to do final 3 with wire soldered.... I think the maybe the nor clip wasn't seated properly on bricked console ...its only a guess tho

Right, with you. Thanks again mate. :) See you online now then?

I wish I had time to be online...been flat out busy lately!!!

I've downgraded 3 now. two slims and one phat. With the e3 flasher. The hard part is getting the clip to sit correctly on the chip, then take 3 dumps, 9 in total as every dump consists of 3. Then as long as you verify your dump as much as you can, then downgrade, then Dehash your ps3 straight after (Major important), if you don't, your brick it when changing F/W, which i did with my first one, then had to do the wire trick and unbrick it, you should be fine. My slims running no probs, and my old mans and my mates haven't had any probs either. Was talking to dilly, he said he got a progskeet, and i was like why would you go through all the hassle work of soldering when you don't need to with the E3, once he explained why he got it i could understand that it was for his 360s with optional Ps3 downgrades.

I still have the very first PS3 under the TV and it rarely gets used other than for movies. Its still on 3.55 so what should I do , ? update ? or should I wait ?.

Oh and if I should update which is the best/latest FW ? turd scared to brick tbh.

If it's on 3.55 then your laughing then mate, Rogero is the best that's out there!

Just remember when you get CFW 3.55 on it, next thing to do is get mulit man put on it, remove any disk from the machined as the update would take it from there rather than the usb stick. then make a nand back up also follow the instructions on how to enable the qflag before upgrading, downgrading once you get off the OFW, then your good to go.

The latest is version 4.20 which is spoofed and working online ;)

Last edited:
I've downgraded 3 now. two slims and one phat. With the e3 flasher. The hard part is getting the clip to sit correctly on the chip, then take 3 dumps, 9 in total as every dump consists of 3. Then as long as you verify your dump as much as you can, then downgrade, then Dehash your ps3 straight after (Major important), if you don't, your brick it when changing F/W, which i did with my first one, then had to do the wire trick and unbrick it, you should be fine. My slims running no probs, and my old mans and my mates haven't had any probs either. Was talking to dilly, he said he got a progskeet, and i was like why would you go through all the hassle work of soldering when you don't need to with the E3, once he explained why he got it i could understand that it was for his 360s with optional Ps3 downgrades.

Excellent news that then mate! Defo think I'll be sourcing me self another console then! :)

How do you dehash your console again, I know that when I downgraded back to rebug that I had to "dehash" it then. Just can't quite remember this morning.

Ah Got it!

for all owners of PS3 consoles downgraded from 3.55+ using hardware flashers and Rogero_CFW_v3.x

To "Dehash the PS3" (Reset the syscon) and have the PS3 back to normal safer mode like any original ( non Downgraded ) PS3, here are the steps :

1- After completing the downgrade process and having Rogero CFW 3.x up and running, make sure you have the Blu-Ray drive attached or the QA Toggle package won't work.
2- Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here ---> toggle_qa.pkg
3- Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
4- Run the "Rebug Toggle QA" from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear one Beep and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
5- If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):

L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down

You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.

6- Now that you have QA flag set, Turn Off your PS3 and Turn it back on but into "Recovery Menu"

This Step is very important, it have to be from "Recovery Menu" and not a normal Update from XMB or the PS3 will Brick.

Here is how to access it:
a. Turn off Playstation®3.
b. Turn it on and keep Holding The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
c. Once the System has been shutdown, Turn it on again and keep Holding The power button down (you will hear 1 beep first, keep holding) until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
d. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
e. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
f. The Recovery menu will pop up.
g. Last Option #6 is what you must use "System Update"

Alternatively you can simply use CondorStrike's Updater package to enter Recovery Menu directly from XMB without going through the boot sequences. --> Condor Updater v2.0

7- Now you must have any 3.55 OFW or CFW with original (non Patched) LV1 in your "USB:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP", here's a link to 3.55-Kmeaw --> kmeaw355.PUP
8- Select the last option of the Recovery Menu --> System Update, then when prompted press and hold "Start+Select" for 5 seconds to start the update.

Once finished the PS3 will restart into XMB with the Syscon hashes reset back to 3.55 in both "ros0" and "ros1" and your PS3 is back like any original/non Downgraded PS3 that can use any CEX/DEX Fw without having to worry about disabling LV1 checks.

Last edited:
then make a nand back up also follow the instructions on how to enable the qflag before upgrading, downgrading once you get off the OFW, then your good to go.

The latest is version 4.20 which is spoofed and working online ;)

I'm a real novice at this , it already has multiman on it. Can you tell me how to with the "qflag" and the "nand backup"?.
thanks again

P.S you put "mulit man" I had this vision and some guy with a feather cut playing on a PS3 :)

double posted for some reason (removed)

Last edited:
Back