Be warned!

digitalman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just to giove everyone out there a heads up on a seller on fleabay.

I bid, won and paid for a Sagenm box back on 19/03/06.

Box got delivered on Wednesday just gone 19/04/06!

Remote provided with box does not work with the Sagem box, i think what he has provided me with is a remote that is soley for Nokia boxes.

Sellers ID is rottingchristhh (http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=rottingchristhh&iid=)

Since I won the box I can see that he has been left a couple of bad feedbacks that weren't there when I originally bid for it!

So please be warned.

thanks, and this is one of the reasons why i hate ebay so much, because of sellers like rottingchristhh.

If it helps you any regarding the remote control situation, Asda do the Gemini 5-in-1 learning remote for £9.97 and it works great with my nokia box, by all accounts the Sagem will be fine with it too.

yiddo said:
thanks, and this is one of the reasons why i hate ebay so much, because of sellers like rottingchristhh.

If it helps you any regarding the remote control situation, Asda do the Gemini 5-in-1 learning remote for £9.97 and it works great with my nokia box, by all accounts the Sagem will be fine with it too.

Cheers mate, I wanna see if anyone recognises the remote I got and knows if that is meant to work on the Sagem because if it is then then the seller has sold me a fooked up box!

And if he has sent me the wrong remote then I will just go get another as you have suggested.

Cheers.

Hello Digitalman, I assume that the remote that you have received is not the same one that Fergalsworld posted a picture of in the thread named "Remote Control"? If so then it may just need configuring as he was shown how.

Chris.

p.s. cannot view your pic :(

Gingerchris said:
Hello Digitalman, I assume that the remote that you have received is not the same one that Fergalsworld posted a picture of in the thread named "Remote Control"? If so then it may just need configuring as he was shown how.

Chris.

p.s. cannot view your pic :(

The pic above is the remote I got sent, anyone recognise it?

taking a big chance getting anythin from germany u r lucky to get the box m8 ,

l had dealing with them , there all bent

that remote i see in your pic doesnt look like the nokia one i used to use. the up and down arrows and the writing on the colours buttons are not on this nokia remote i have.

digitalman

if you know th ip of the box then you can use the lan remote control or if you dont know the ip flash a new image and use tuxfalsh to find out the ip
that way you can find out if the box is fu(ked
pm me if you need the LAN remote

cheers

its an IR remote that are sent over from germany with nokias, only work on nokias,

henryk7 said:
its an IR remote that are sent over from germany with nokias, only work on nokias,

Thank you all, I now know for deffo that it is a Nokia remote and will have to go out ad buy a universal remote for the box to work, hopefully for about a tenner. All the sellers on Ebay are in Germany and want a total of about £15 inc postage!

@digitalman
Your remote was originally produced for the nokia mediamaster 9600 and is also functional for a nokia dbox2 but not for a sagem.
Simply complain to the seller. Some sellers don't know anything about dboxes.

mgb said:
@digitalman
Your remote was originally produced for the nokia mediamaster 9600 and is also functional for a nokia dbox2 but not for a sagem.
Simply complain to the seller. Some sellers don't know anything about dboxes.

Cheers Mate,

In the one whole month I have waited for him to deliver the box, I must have emailed him at least 10 times asking when the he was going to send the box, Not ONCE did the a**wipe reply.

I emailed him yesterday, but to be honest I dont expect to get reply.

smirnoff_rules said:
taking a big chance getting anythin from germany u r lucky to get the box m8 ,

l had dealing with them , there all bent

No we are not:) You shouldn´t judge all by one, and you shouldn´t buy dboxes on ebay from germans, they sell them to england much more expensive than they
are offered here. If you know some soldier serving over here, it shouldn´t be hard
to get a dbox2 for a fair price, i wouldn´t pay more than 50 pund plus shipping for a dbox2....

Back