Fleabay rant

Magnu420

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the point of these sellers on fleabay ??? Seller advertised a cctv system, starting bid 99p and they put a reserve on... what the fecking point of doing this.. why didnt he start the bidding near his reserve price.. decided to put a bid in at when it was 48 quid and 30 seconds to go.. put a bid of 101.97 quid last 10 seconds and got outbid of 103.00 then auction ended and it says reserve not met.. ffs these klunts are tossers.. why do these priks do it, i looked in his shop and he has this system as a buy it now for 270 quid.. as i said earlier why didnt this prik start the bidding near his reserve price ( i reckon his reserve price be 250 ) it will stop other people getting messed about

sent from 2 tin cans and some string

I think they call it 'click bait'- and you fell for it hook, line & sinker! Yes it is incredibly annoying but it gets people to his Buy it Now page. No doubt some will be fed up with the bidding process & do just that. Job done.

They put a low start to keep the costs down because you get charged higher rates for the starting price
I use to sell on there a lot but now only buy, to many dodgy people saying they did not receive their item/s or I did not send it
with low cost items its not worth the extra postage charge for having the item insured/recorded
put ya it gets on ya T***S

I thought they charged you for having a reserve price too.....

Oh ya I forgot about that lol
It`s been a while since I cannot remember the prices but I do remember them going up & up all the time
fee`s for everything, they like to squeeze out of you as much as they can.
paypal fee`s also and their currency rates are not so good.

Yep, their fees are a joke. Hardly surprising though with all the scammers claiming they didn't receive items and eBay having to stump up. The money's got to come from somewhere....

Ebay ain't what it used to be anymore..used to be the place to get a bargain and get the most random things but not anymore..also well crap to sell on now as you lose so much money.
Got to admit as a buyer I use eBay a lot 2-3 times a week as no matter what you want eBay will sell it..it's pure conveniance for me along with Amazon but I'm finding Amazon is not cheap anymore and most things are cheaper elsewhere.

I first got addicted to eBay about 12 years ago. I was moving from Edinburgh to Portugal and had loads of stuff that was too good to throw out but I didn't really want to trail half way across the world with me. So I managed to sell about 20K worth of stuff in less than a year. Meanwhile of course, I did catch myself buying stuff I didn't really need, but just because it was cheap. As you say you could get some bargains- sometimes just a spelling mistake in the title would reduce the price somewhat because it didn't show up in a search. But they seem to have ironed that out now.
Never been a fan of Amazon. I've had bits & pieces but I much prefer the Bay's site.

Back