Be the 1st to Jail Break on 5.1.1 Updated 22.5.2012

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys just another update regarding the long awaited JB Untethered for 5.1.0/5.1.1, if you want to be 1 of the 1st group of people then follow pod2g`s blog HERE this will be released withing 2 days , the tool for this jailbreak will be Absinthe 2.0 , you wont have to put your device into DfU mode , the direct link for the tool to jailbreak is HERE ,the picture shows the links for the download tool but as of yet there not active ,

Capture-6.jpg

Last edited:
Hi John, when the JB is released you can update in itunes, or from your device, this inturn will update your baseband, so will effect your unlock,

It's out!!!! http://greenpois0n.com/

Edit : Have attached the windows version incase anyone has trouble downloading it, server seems very busy

Attachments

• absinthe-win-2.0.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
The download is now live goodluck peeps site very busy at min

done my 4 works a charm easiest jailbreak so far

Not working for me at all, just updated my iPhone 4 to 5.1.1, then attempted to run the Absinthe app at least 4 times. On each occasion after about 10 minutes i get an error message of "unable to connect to lockdownd".

So i've now jailbroken with Redsn0w again which is tethered at the moment, i'll now see if the Rocky Racoon files in cydia untether my iPhone for me.

mine already had the 5.1.1 tethered on it so when i ran the unthethered absinthe I got "ERROR: Device already jailbroken! Detected Stash"
If anyone else has this problem there is a solution here

Not working for me at all, just updated my iPhone 4 to 5.1.1, then attempted to run the Absinthe app at least 4 times. On each occasion after about 10 minutes i get an error message of "unable to connect to lockdownd".

So i've now jailbroken with Redsn0w again which is tethered at the moment, i'll now see if the Rocky Racoon files in cydia untether my iPhone for me.

How to fix Absinthe Lockdown Error

Used Rocky Racoon, seems to have worked. :)

i have an iphone 4 on tethered 5.1 but i also rely on the sam to unlock it to my network will i have to do the sam thing all over again as its a pain..thnx

no not if your going from tethered to untethered using the Rocky Racoon

thnx for reply biffo..so do i just go to cydia and get rocky then and will my fone still stay unlocked to the sim in it..

yes mate i messed around for hours last night with my mates iphone 3gs with the ipad baseband i updated to 5.1.1, i used redsn0w to jailbreak it tethered unlocked with ultrasn0w, and just went to cydia and used the Rocky racoon rebooted and all was good mate so went from tethered to untethered

i just jailbroke my new ipad but never saved my shsh does this matter and can i do it now?

total newby, what does jail breaking do? what the difference between tethered and untethered?

Back