Battlefield: Bad Company 2 anyone?

elniro

Inactive User
Reaction score
Any of you guys getting Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for PC?

MW2 pales in comparison to all the gameplay videos and trailers that have been released for this game, and best of all the developer is not treating the PC gaming community like trash.

Gameplay wise you can take control of about 15 different vehicles from the standard tank to a helicopter.
The environment is destructible meaning you can blow up houses, or blow hole in wall to get through to other side. It adds a whole new gameplay element loads of new tactics you can employ to kill your enemies.
Also unlike the crappy matchmaking system that MW2 has its back to the good old trusted system of dedicated servers.

The trailer below will give a prime example of the destructible gameplay element. There are loads of official trailers on youtube, so if your interested you can check them out.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Hy_6lW6jM[/ame]

The Beta starts on 28th January (so this thursday), although you only get the BETA key if you pre-order from play.com or Direct2Drive (play.com is a lot cheaper).

that looks the dogs...... i enjoyed the first one on xbox, have to get this one when its out my sort of game,

prob wont be for pc though even though ive a gaming pc i recently built, cant seem to get away from the xbox or ps3.

i need to configure pads ect as i hate keyboard and mouse gaming.

that looks the dogs...... i enjoyed the first one on xbox, have to get this one when its out my sort of game,

prob wont be for pc though even though ive a gaming pc i recently built, cant seem to get away from the xbox or ps3.

i need to configure pads ect as i hate keyboard and mouse gaming.

Im the other way round 2 u mate..

Ive got a 36o, and the kids are using a Ps3 in the front room, But the only thing i use is my Pc. Most new games If you plug a xbox control into your pc, Its the same buttons as the playing a 360, Not much setting needed,Not like the old days pal. spend hours doning it, To only find its shit, But i still use keyboard and mouse for fps

I still paly Bf2 after all this time, Not much of a cod fan. and Im really looking forward to it, I just hope its not a big screw up, Like other games

I remenber the Moh lot looking forward to Airbourne, And what a load of crap, Mw2Good game but most pc users have boycotted it coz of dedi servers.

As for the Beta, I hear people are already getting there Keys,

i take it this game isnt going to be like mw2 then with the server lark (one reason i didnt bother with it on pc).

might give this one a shot on the pc instead then,

oh and ive been meaning to get a wired xbox pad as i had been told as much before.

DICE/EA have explicitly stated Bf:BC2 will have dedi' severs.

Partially to rub Activison's and Infinity Ward's noses in it. Partially to coax some of the COD fans that were put off by the lack of dedicated servers in MW2 (and perhaps some of those fed up with the crap ping rates the 'matching' system connects them too).

i'm deffo getting it, i dont like the fact that there will be no prone in it, that's just stupid :(

hmm maybe, but from looks of gameplay trailers so far the prone would just be a hindrance as it looks like a fast paced game. Plus prone in my view encourages camping.

hmm maybe, but from looks of gameplay trailers so far the prone would just be a hindrance as it looks like a fast paced game. Plus prone in my view encourages camping.

So does having a sniper class. IMHO even if there was just one weapon class, no prone, no crouch, you'd still have campers.

it looks good but i will wait till demo for pc first, see if my pc will run it, im not going out an spending to upgrade, my pc runs MW no prob but reading between the lines ya need a dogs pc to run it

it looks good but i will wait till demo for pc first, see if my pc will run it, im not going out an spending to upgrade, my pc runs MW no prob but reading between the lines ya need a dogs pc to run it

Minimum PC Specifications for BFBC2
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
Graphics memory: 256MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)

Recommended PC Specifications for BFBC2
Processor: Quadcore
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
Graphics memory: 512MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)

Hmm just realised for recommended they say quadcore, i have a very good dual core so hmm...will see how beta runs and if so will upgrade my RAM.

got it on pre-order for pc will see what the beta is like this week :) hoping its the dogs cos i luv bf series , MW2 for pc was a let down :( server system sucks....

just had a go with it on 360, its good, but think i will wait to see if pc will run it

Got my key from play.com...obviously everyone and their mom trying to download and install the beta...been trying for while now to get a hosting site to let me download the client

im still trying to get a free key lol

its sucks ass on xbox, one i wont bother with i think, shame as i thought mw2 killer,

first one was better, on the xbox anyway.

demo deleted from my machine.

i prefer to play these games on pc, too many controls on 360, give me a mouse an keyboard anytime

It's only beta, its full of bugs but its still pretty kool at this moment (although i hate snow maps). In proper release they will add all the polish, beta is jus to find and address issues in the multiplayer game.

It depends on what you prefer really, some people cant handle massive maps so they dont like Battlefield games

Back