bath

gordy230

Inactive User
Reaction score
im having trouble with my bath seal leaking any one know best way to approach this i fill bath with water then i adjust the screw stands under the bath then i seal but after a couple of days when in shower i walk to one end of bath i hear a creak as if the threaded nut under bath is moving causing the bath to move i need help please

Is there a lock nut on the screw?
Under my bath I put a black bag and filled with expanding foam to stop any downwards movement.
In my old house I had a leaky seal, or so I thought. It wasn't the seal at all it was the tiles. The water was getting through the grouting.

edit:-
Adjust the screw first then fill with water and seal. Make sure you leave it long enough to set.

As Tawke said adjust screws first, also the pads on the base of the adjusters should be fixed to the floor, also you need to remove all the old sealant its a bit of a pain but needs to be done to ensure a good seal. Is this a new bath you have fitted as ther a few things that you can do such as running a batton along the wall for extra support.

Last edited:
I know this is a little late but its worth checking your floor boards. You might have one that is moving and by adding the extra pin point weight when you walk on it.

and definately add locknuts.

You're using the right method to seal it though. I like the expanding foam idea!

Back