bank transfer.......how safe?

FC Sniper

Inactive User
Reaction score
hiya i need some advice on the above

a guy in birmingham wants to pay for a phone he brought off me on ebay but wants to use bank transfer and hes got no feedback i spoke to him on th phone but sounds dodgy

how safe is it to accept bank transfer and is it safe to give my account details

Totally safe m8, all he can do with your details is put money in your account..

Last edited:
hiya i need some advice on the above

a guy in birmingham wants to pay for a phone he brought off me on ebay but wants to use bank transfer and hes got no feedback i spoke to him on th phone but sounds dodgy

how safe is it to accept bank transfer and is it safe to give my account details

if he wants to pay you via bank transfer then i dont see a problem , all you have to give him is your account number and sort code nothing else.
there isnt really a lot anyone can do with that info.

edit : memo to me: type faster

Last edited:
what phone is it for m8 if you dont mind me asking

also paypal is easy to sign up though and its covered

dont give the last three digits on the security code are a start are end date you have a right to be weary i would be very carefull

dont give the last three digits on the security code are a start are end date you have a right to be weary i would be very carefull

thats not needed m8 , just account number and sort code.
just be carefull if you buy stuff and the vendor wants you to pay by direct transfer.
i've been humped that way on ebay

a bank transfer is the best, all u give ai account nos, sort code and the money is there, u need to check with your branch when the money cant be clawed back, prob 3 days like a cheque.

u dont give any more details than u would if u gave a cheque to somebody as payment........they cant do anything with the info u give other than pay in

or just give him your roll number, then your not giving him any info at all.
i`m in the halifax and you use a d number, don`t know if its the same in all banks though tbh.

hang on, this guy has your name, address, phone number and bank details?

Whislt a bank transfer is totally secure, does this sound like the begining of an ID scam at all?

yea thats what i thought i gona go take all money out

its a nokia 8800 btw

thanks for all your help i still havnt recevied anything he said he was gona send money on monday

hang on, this guy has your name, address, phone number and bank details?

Whislt a bank transfer is totally secure, does this sound like the begining of an ID scam at all?

Don't be worried about it. As has been said all he can do with sort code and account number is pay in money. Even safer than paypal, and free.

Beginnings of ID theft? Beginnings of paranoia more like.

Don't be worried about it. As has been said all he can do with sort code and account number is pay in money. Even safer than paypal, and free.

Beginnings of ID theft? Beginnings of paranoia more like.

lmfao thanks mate

Back