CD & DVD avi to dvd questions

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
I've downloaded some new shows of Lost series 2 from the net.

there about 350m each and in avi file format.

I've been using winavi and I've converted them into VCD format and burn them to cd's. all is well but the picture quality has gone down abit. Which is a shame cos the original is perfect.
At the moment I don't have a DVD writer only a Cd writer. otherwise I would of just burnt them to DVD.

If I converted the avi files to DVD format using winavi would it fit on a 700mb Cd and can u burn dvd formats onto a normal cd.

plus if anyone knows winavi inside out and know how I can convert the files to VCD with losing the picture quailty. I've tried using the svcd option but it keeps on coming up error and closing the program.

any help would be great, Cheers

if u convert to mpeg2 u can change output ..picture here m8t

Last edited:
hi, I've done that and got a better picture cheers.
I'm now having problems making a VCD disc. When I add the file onto nero it says it need to convert it.

I'm I doing somethink wrong

Any ideas

cg010169 said:
hi, I've done that and got a better picture cheers.
I'm now having problems making a VCD disc. When I add the file onto nero it says it need to convert it.

I'm I doing somethink wrong

Any ideas
most dvd players play mpeg2 straight from disc m8 , just copy mpeg file onto disc and see if it plays
:Cheers:

I've just burnt the cd but my dvd player is saying unknown file format. My other dvd player says no audio data. I'm going to get a new computer soon with a DVD writer lol
Any other idea's or I'm I better sticking to the first vcd I did.

cg010169 said:
I've just burnt the cd but my dvd player is saying unknown file format. My other dvd player says no audio data. I'm going to get a new computer soon with a DVD writer lol
Any other idea's or I'm I better sticking to the first vcd I did.
fooking hell ! l bought a 30 pound dvd from asda plays anything even a crisp lol well then if u make a mpeg1 disc (the same way as the mpeg2)and open nero burner then open make vcd u can drag the mpeg into there without incoding

did the mpeg1 format and it works great, so cheers fella.

my dvd players are crap even tho I paid over £150 for them 2 years ago. There both Sony. And I can't do anythink with them,
The Sony dvp NS 305 is a pile of crap lol

Think I might be going to Asda in future.

Back