CD & DVD avi onto bootable dvd

trashchris

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys i have a series of avi files i want to put on dvd so that someone can play them back in a normal dvd player. i know this can be done as i seen it when people made the unofficial heroes season 1 dvds, just after the American season finished.
its the same kind of thing i want to do, just with another series.
Any suggestion how to do this. Im using Linux at the moment but i also have a windows setup i can use.

Chris

yea mate u can create a dvd with the avi files , i normally use nero in windows which u said u can run , or what ever u normally use

yea mate u can create a dvd with the avi files , i normally use nero in windows which u said u can run , or what ever u normally use

ok i'll transfer the files, n install nero later

cheers

There's plenty of ways to do this. Do a forum search. In Linux, I use mencoder. The following bash script will convert a series of avi files as arguments to dvd compatible mpg files.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

You can mess around with the bitrate(vbitrate), video scaling (scale and expand) etc. There's nothing clever here, but I use this script all the time when converting downloaded tv shows. The settings here will look fine on a standard TV. If you want to increase the quality, you could do a two pass encode at a higher bitrate, but I generally don't bother.
Read the mplayer/mencoder manpage.

You can then use DVDStyler to make a DVD from the resulting mpg files.

All major distributions have both mplayer and dvdstyler in a repository somewhere.

cheers bud spot on, i'll give it ago torrow when i get a chance n let you know

Back