DVB - PC Cards Autoupdate With Diablo

cafe.racer

Inactive User
Reaction score
So as it looks like the pure keys rolled again, I seriously need to get AU working with my Diablos.

I have two funcard4's (says "Funcard4 Prussian Galaxy 2" on them) but I don't necessarily NEED to get them working as I understand the Diablos will do AU. Just whatever's easiest, really.

I don't have the current keys.

Current status is that I flashed the funcards a few weeks ago, using the tut on the site but I never got them to work - my impression was that the Diablo was still running in emulation and therefore not using the funcard. Then beer and laziness kind of took over.

Anyway, looking at the config I've assumed that setting "emulators=OFF" in the config would make the Diablo use the card, but it hasn't autoupdated.

Any help to step me through this s-l-o-w-l-y would be gratefully received.

If I want to get the Diablo to AU without a card, I assume I need to fill out all the sections in the keys file, this is a fausto keys.xml section, including the verify key, public and private keys etc?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Where ################ are the current keys.

The boxkey is set in config.xml, and can be anything at all, as long as it's the right format. I currently have the boxkey from the AU tutorial that matches the IRD mentioned in there, but I don't remember doing anything with the IRD on the Diablo.

Can anyone shed any light on these other keys?

I'm just looking at a ROM7 and a couple of ROM11 BIN with Nagra Edit - non of the keys seem to match up though.

Which Key Set Should I be looking at? I'm Pure if it makes a difference.

Also, I'm unsure what I'm doing so I wanted to check that I get the key in the right place - The entries in the keys section on the Diablo are on the left, the Key names you mentioned on the right

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

In Nagra edit, though, there are Public Key 0 and 1 in the each Provider Info, and Parity Key 0, 1, 2 (only number 2 seems populated), Verify Key and one EMM Decrypt Key in EACH Key Set????

Last edited:
If I want the Diablo to use an AU Funcard I'm battling with making a fun card AND battling with knowing if the CAM is using the card.

I realise now that I had a different box key on the CAM to the one on the Card.

I've turned emulation off AND set the keys to zero's on the CAM, and I get no picture with a fun card in. This could be because my fun doesn't work, or doesn't AU OR it could mean that the CAM isn't using the fun.

:cry:

Can anyone confirm how to get a Diablo to use a card?

I've tried putting the current keys on the fun (with Nagra Edit - the Public Key 0 and Public Key 1, right?) hoping to get a Fun that gives me a picture straight away, without AUing - any clues on this? I'm wondering if an image of a currently working fun is put on another card that it'll work straight away?

cafe.racer,

I have read somewhere that the expiry date has passed on the external nagra images that are commonly available for download so the date needs changing using nagra date. I may be mistaken but no one else has replied so at least it is something to try. Search on here for nagradate and you should come across the information.

Koni55

I apparently have a working U Funcard image, but I'll check that out.

The diablo doesn't care about expire dates and also not a funcard.
Without a the same boxkey at both sides the cam is simply not able to talk to the funcard.

The diablo doesn't care about expire dates and also not a funcard.
Without a the same boxkey at both sides the cam is simply not able to talk to the funcard.

Are you saying that I shouldn't need to do anything with the config (from the defaults that get set during a Stealth flash) to get it to use a card?

Latest Stealth (2.27) works fine, btw.

I'm fairly sure that the boxkey's are right, but I'll check.

Do you know if I have to turn anything on or off in the config to get the Diablo to AU on Nagra ithout a card, once I have the EMM keys in)

Last edited:
You have to switch off the emu in the settings and you have to insert the funcard with the contacts upwards and backwards.

Just sell the diablo and get your hands on a joker 0.79 compatible cam / fun combo

1 - much cheaper than a diablo cam
2 - AU works with no questions asked

I can appreciate that you would like to get the Diablo working properly but is it really worth the time and effort when there is a cheaper / simpler / proven solution?

Bearing in mind I'm tearing my hair out, you're probably right!

I think it's my complete lack of knowledge though, rather than anything technical - my fear is that I'll be no better off if I do swap CAMs.

It'd be nice to get them to AU without cards, but functionally no better than with.

It should be easy with all the available knowledge on t'forums. You have got me thinking though.

Anybody get AU working with the Diablo cam with/without a funcard? Have the diablo,funcard and programmer on the way and would like to have AU working when they arrive.

Joker cams are hard to find atm

I gave up and got two blue zetacams from hisat, and fashed them to Joker 0.79

I couldn't even get the Diablo to use a funcard.

I got one zetacam earlier in the year, thinking that I coud use it to get the new keys when they rolled, and update the Diablos manually, but I found there to be no/very little difference in performance between the two on channel changes etc, so I recently got another one.

If you go this way do a search and follow the suggestion on getting hisat to check they can talk to them with a jtag. They might even flash them for you, but you'll still need your cas for your funs.

I did wonder if I needed to put the ROM11 off a fun onto the Diablo and somehow get it to use that in emulation mode, but it's all beyond me.

I've seen Diablos flashed with Stealth go on eBay for more than I paid, but I haven't decided whether to hang onto them or flog them, yet.

I read somewhere that there's some version of the zeta blue that can't be flashed with cas3,I emailed hisar about this last week but they never bothered to reply but added a fiver to the price!

Last edited:
The latest zeta blue series is nomore flashable because 2 lines at the mainboard are cut off.

I read somewhere that there's some version of the zeta blue that can't be flashed with cas3,I emailed hisar about this last week but they never bothered to reply but added a fiver to the price!

He's pretty good on the phone, and a zetacam would still be cheaper than a Diablo. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get AU working with a Diablo, but like someone said earlier - why bother?

The latest zeta blue series is nomore flashable because 2 lines at the mainboard are cut off.

Perhaps makes sense, there's another thread where people are discussing why they can't flash blue zetacams. I've had three, the two that did flash where dated 28/03/06, the one that wouldn't was dated 29/03/06.

The unflashable has two P/Ns 1250/2002 and PRD-CAXX-0101 .

The flashables also have 1250/2002 on the main label but the other P/N is PRD-CAEW-0100 on both.

Last edited:
and how do you know which is new and which is not? By P/N?

If it said P/N PRD-CAXX-0101 would that mean its flashable?

thanks

edit: So basically you have to find out if it's recognised by a CAS to know if its flashable?

Last edited:
and how do you know which is new and which is not? By P/N?

If it said P/N PRD-CAXX-0101 would that mean its flashable?

thanks

No, it appears to be the PRD-CAEW-0100 that's flashable. I would ring hisat before you order and get them to check that the specific cam they're going to send is flashable.

Had posted before I saw your last post, when i was googling it seemed like only the CAGR version was the problem so thought CAXX would be ok.

So I just ask Hisat to check if the cam is recognised by a CAS or would he have to do more than that?

Yeah, just ask him! Tell him you want to flash it to a joker CAM and you want to check that you'll be able to connect with the J-Tag.

He's pretty good on the phone, and a zetacam would still be cheaper than a Diablo. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get AU working with a Diablo, but like someone said earlier - why bother?

Perhaps makes sense, there's another thread where people are discussing why they can't flash blue zetacams. I've had three, the two that did flash where dated 28/03/06, the one that wouldn't was dated 29/03/06.

The unflashable has two P/Ns 1250/2002 and PRD-CAXX-0101 .

The flashables also have 1250/2002 on the main label but the other P/N is PRD-CAEW-0100 on both.

the blue zeta i got has

P/N 1250/2002
Rev 2.01
P/N:pRD-CAXX-0101

this didn't connect immediately but took weeks of trying with opening it, bending it etc - thought i knackered it so bought a icecrypt which connected immediately - retried the zeta and it also connected and it still works..so i did something to make it work but don't know what.

the icecrpyt has
REV 2.01
P/N 1250/2002
P/N PRD-CAEM-0200
S/N 0804EM05247

Back