Audio Stutter

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Im using latest DW sky backup at the moment but it did happen previous to using this image

mainly HD channels Id say but Im sure its happened on an SD channel too

mainly between programmes, adverts or previews for up comming programmes etc
seems to be getting more and more freqent, just wondered if its a random box thing or everyone gets it ?

its just like this Video Here

You are not alone, i took this image off for that reason.also when watching scrambled channels i had a lot of freezing and restarts needed.Currently running latest IQ image loaded last night.Still had the occassional stutter whist on channel 5 , not noticed it at all on fta channels.

yep had the same problem myself with the unmodded iq (not backup) I also keep getting green screen now :(

But I am just having to live with it

I was going to say iqdw - but I had to change that because I was consitantly getting green screen when going into the plugin menu, hence reverted back

I have to say I only seem to get the green screen after I downloaded the EPG

Last edited:
jsaw when you had the freezing and restarts did you use DHCP (no) and use a fixed IP ?

I did that and had constant freezing and cam restarts, set it to Yes and its been fine

I have same probem but flicking channels normally sorts it for a little while

jsaw when you had the freezing and restarts did you use DHCP (no) and use a fixed IP ?

I did that and had constant freezing and cam restarts, set it to Yes and its been fine

To add to what Rats just said I use static IP and would like to continue using static - as 02 have blocked access to my router and cannot set a dhcp reservation

do you get that problem too then rickie with DHCP

going back to the audio, its simlar to what we had a good few months ago now where audio would cut out during adverts on some channels, but this time it does a Norman lol

ahh right then its a problem all round not just me or the odd box :)
good to know :)

so with the latest image can you have fixed ip again ?

going back to the audio, its simlar to what we had a good few months ago now where audio would cut out during adverts on some channels, but this time it does a Norman lol

Not sure when this started but it quite a few images back , that is how i described it when responding to post about audio fall out

My problem started a couple of images ago but it only happens on HD channels and fluctuates in severity. Wasn't sure ir it was the box or something else, now I know.

I get it plus have to restart the cam regular as well.
iq image before last
dhcp on.

Sky News is pretty much unwatchable this morning :( either lipsync or the Norman effect withing minutes of each other
have to fick up and down channels
very annoying

Sky News is pretty much unwatchable this morning :( either lipsync or the Norman effect withing minutes of each other
have to fick up and down channels
very annoying

Rat, dont know if you have tried this, but normally works for me... if you hit the audio button and change it from mpeg to nar (i think)

This is off the top of my head as I am at work, but it does normally stop the stutter and lip sync

just got in from a few hours out so I decided to turn the box off from the rear while I was out

just turned box on and withing 5 minutes it started to Norman on me (sky news HD again)

Rickie Sky News HD only has AC3 (English) no other option
also NAR usually is audio description

Ive put iQ 26/7/11 on with no plugins to see what happens

still cant use fixed ip Ive noticed :( so once again another thing disabled/taken away/broken ??

will leave with no plugins for half hour or so and leave on Sky News HD where I was having most problems
then install plugins 1 by 1

well that didnt take long
Norman effect on sky news No Plugins installed
followed A,B,C to the letter

all thats on is my Bouquets, so must be them ?

Just recorded via iPhone

so realistically we cant even watch or I should say listen to tv from this box now without having to constantly flick up and down channels every 5 minutes or so ?

Attachments

• Norman Effect.rar
    163.6 KB · Views: 8
Its annoying Rat, I was shouting about tha a while ago, got ignored. Then there is also the lip sync.

Ive re flashed with the last DW (backup)
and its seemed to have eased it a little, still getting it but not as bad as this morning

still needs fixing though as its spoils the programme you are watching when you loose 10+ seconds flicking up/down to rectify the stuttering

Back