Reaction score
whats the easiest way to program a Atmega Card -

This is my issue

The Atmega ext.EEPROM is hex file 91kb

Convert to bin file using SWAPBINHEX

The file is becomes 32kb

Using nagraedit - it does load it up , but says incorrect file type

and when changes are made it is saved as a 8kb BIN file

And when you convert back to Hex file it becomes 32kb and not the original 91k File

Im having the exact same problem mate, I wrote the 32kb file to the card, but it did not work

Rename the new bin11 file to .bin (dot bin) then drag over SwapBinHex. It should be a 23kb file. Write is to ext epp it should work.

Thanks Andy

But i still have the same issue - i think they were originally created with toxic7_exteegen

hence the difference in file size -

Any other way around this

Cheers

cheers guys, the problem im having tho is that rahter than converting to the normal 91kb hex file im left with a 23kb hex file, which dont,
work. Would anyone know which line to edit manually in the hex file?

Last edited:
I used the advice in the posts and used 29 95 for the expiry and rights dates, it did reduce the filesize a lot and when I put the card in, nothing had changed, puled the power from the box and booted and everything back on with the smaller file size. The only other thing I can think of is did you put the flash back on too after the exteep had been reloaded?

i used infinite usb with my atmega163
run infinite-go to tools,click on virtual com port
it will be on com port COM1-polarity PHOENIX - frequency 3,579
i changed my frequency to 3,680
then click enable
open nagra 4.1 then click yellow folder (top left)open card image
look for your bin image that you use for toxic and open it
i used the rom 10 option
it will come up file incorrect size,ignore it and click on DATA EDITOR
click on LINE 8 the pink one(standard tier)
click on EXPIRE DATE and type 2995 it will jump down to RIGHTS DATE again type 2995
click on SAVE CARD IMAGE (little blue floppy up the top)
rename it march2010 or something,you'll still have your old image,CLICK SAVE
go to where you saved the file and rename it DELETE the BN10 and put BIN
drag it over swapbinhex take infinite out of vcp mode and use your new file.

i used infinite usb with my atmega163
run infinite-go to tools,click on virtual com port
it will be on com port COM1-polarity PHOENIX - frequency 3,579
i changed my frequency to 3,680
then click enable
open nagra 4.1 then click yellow folder (top left)open card image
look for your bin image that you use for toxic and open it
i used the rom 10 option
it will come up file incorrect size,ignore it and click on DATA EDITOR
click on LINE 8 the pink one(standard tier)
click on EXPIRE DATE and type 2995 it will jump down to RIGHTS DATE again type 2995
click on SAVE CARD IMAGE (little blue floppy up the top)
rename it march2010 or something,you'll still have your old image,CLICK SAVE
go to where you saved the file and rename it DELETE the BN10 and put BIN
drag it over swapbinhex take infinite out of vcp mode and use your new file.

why put your programer in phoenix mode if your just altering an image in nagra edit m8 ??????????????????????????

i know my mistake,i'm no expert just the way i always done it.just trying to help people who are stuggling.i suppose i'm just making it more complicating lol sorry

When you have the image prepared in Nagraedit - press the save button and the call it something .bin then look at the tabs and change it from bn11 extension to all file types. Then it will actually save it as a bin which you can drag in to swapbinhex and burn the resulting hex file to your card. You cant use a saved .bn11 file converted to hex!!!

all i did was read card in infinity usb not in phoenix mode then saved it
after that i opened toxic 7 collected my saved file from the read and put it in toxic saved that creates a bin file
opened nagra edit 4.1 changed dates rights and expiry to 2661 (runs out march next year)used rom 11 not 10 that created me a bn11 so i renamed it ext so it now reads ext.bin popped it in swapbinx changed to ext.hex.
now i use infinity again erased card a 3 times then put my new ext.hex in eeprom and popped the shani.hex in bigmac toolbar under updates card and fixes something like that 2009 if funcard atmega i not done yet but same method but using au 3.7 atmega of tool bar
write card done took me a while to figure it out though and with help from the great ppl here and a bit of post reading bobs your uncle im on for now i hopefully watch the man utd v wolves game saturday 5:30pm ESPN.hope this helps.

You write the flash as a hex file and the ext eep as a .BIN file.

whats the easiest way to program a Atmega Card -

This is my issue

The Atmega ext.EEPROM is hex file 91kb

Convert to bin file using SWAPBINHEX

The file is becomes 32kb

Using nagraedit - it does load it up , but says incorrect file type

and when changes are made it is saved as a 8kb BIN file

And when you convert back to Hex file it becomes 32kb and not the original 91k File

toxic7 is corrupt m8, it actualy generates 2 files in the 1 hex...hence = incorrect file type when you load it up in nagra

the 1st 8kb of the bin generated by toxic is your ext eep image..{so that leaves 24kb of the bin thats not needed}.....................nagra will only load up the 1st 8kb then rejects the other 24

32kb bin from toxic loaded into nagra then saved, produces a 8kb file...converted with bintohex produces a 22/23kb file

programing anything other than 22/23kb hex file to the ext eep, "then your atmega may not work"

programing the 32kb file generated by toxic straight to the atmega "then it definetly wont work" without 1st running it through nage/e

can the atmega not be done like fun card.

e.g read details from card

put in toxic, save image from toxic,

erase card

load up your new image from toxic

load up shani hex.

Write card.

If this aint the case please correct me, as this the way i done my bro,s but i just haven't given it to him yet. Cheers.

Back