art card?

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
can you put an art card in the technomate 1500 ?

cheers all

cheers m8y what other providors are there that you can buy a card for yearly ?

i think 70 quid what i paid was a good bargain ?

Regards
Mickie D

cheers m8y what other providors are there that you can buy a card for yearly ?

i think 70 quid what i paid was a good bargain ?

Regards
Mickie D

Yeah £70 was good you can also get a Digitalb card for about £100, movies, adult, kids stuff, and a couple of discovery type channels very good for the money

art have lost the premiership footy for next season I believe....

dont think thas right m8... because art bought i heard the rights till 2008, so i dont think sky can go back on a deal ?

but sky is powerful lmao

just a(cheaper) alternative satellite viewing card m8.....very popular with sport fans.....

For gen info....I believe it works better in the TM1500 at mo better with patch off......been cutting out on me with patch on ....bloody annoying when uve only managed to record first half of a match.....

Last edited:
Does it work with normal sky boxes and what channels can you get for?

Does it work with normal sky boxes and what channels can you get for?

@ billy no it does not work with normal sky and even with a technomate box you would need a dish at least 88cm and pointing at hotbird 13 degrees east

you get about 5 sports channels that show premiership games @ 3pm and a few others that i dont really care about lol

@bert so you think its better with original patch than the darkman one in ?

thanks for the replys

art have lost the premiership footy for next season I believe....

not strictly true mary,it's been reported that showtime arabia has won the rights for the prem but nothing has been confirmed. there hasn't been anything on the net or confirmed on either of the companys websites,so best to weait and see.

@mickie d you can recieve art on a gemini 70cm raven dish with no problems m8;)

If that is the case about art, even better as I am thinking about getting motorised sat in the new year:) and I was wanting the Art chans

dont think thas right m8... because art bought i heard the rights till 2008, so i dont think sky can go back on a deal ?
First Sky have nothing to do with the sale of football rights, the FAPL own the broadcast rights and sky are just a prospective customer like every other satellite provider.
At the moment all other forums report that ART will no longer show Premiership football after this season, so from August your ART card may not have much left on it to watch, just snooker~pool~bowling~darts~rally blah blah. ART do show other sports too but most people buy the card for the live football coverage. I am unsure if ART will totally stop showing premiership football, I wont commit either way yet because no official comments have been made. Showtime (the new FAPL customer) can easily re-sell blocks of games so we made need an ART card, an Al-Jazeera card and a Showtime card to get all games, nobody knows yet.
The worst scenario is that we'll have to get Divvyalb for the footy at a cost of 160 per year (just for football), but you will need a dish that receives 16dgreesEast- 80cm size motorised for most.

Regards.

@ billy no it does not work with normal sky and even with a technomate box you would need a dish at least 88cm and pointing at hotbird 13 degrees east

Lol its Bally not Billy, thanks for the reply, think il stick to cable :proud:

Mickie...turning the patch off was something Dididude mentioned to me(i get most/all of my tech knowledge here m8-Im just recycling) but we were talking about something else. I cant be 100% sure about the prob going away with patch off(seem to remember it did work tho) but there does seem to be a recognised prob with ART and patched 1500tms with it switched on. My Art card is split....I have the 2 aljaz seperate and so i use a dragon cam for the other. The pictures defo do not go off when using the card in the cam and so if im recording anything i make sure now that the appropriate card goes in the cam and not the reader.:) All bases covered as it were....

its all irrelevant if ur there whilst watchin as off and on clears the problem but ive been caught out a few times now recording ...........

With so little on the patch for now, it may be worthwhile turning it off indefinately...until a new patch arrives....

Last edited:
Ive bought a 6month art card for 50 quid just to be on the safe side for premiership games thsi will last me till the end of the season and by then we should hopefullt know whats happening

The worst scenario is that we'll have to get Divvyalb for the footy at a cost of 160 per year (just for football), but you will need a dish that receives 16dgreesEast- 80cm size motorised for most.

at the moment i have a 70cm raven dish with a monoblock picking up hotbird/astra 19.2. will i need to invest in a new dish if i am forced to go the digitalb way or will my raven pick it up. What sort of signal strength could i expect.

i get about 50% signal level on the divvyalb channels on my raven 70cm in the midands - not sure if thats enough?

I don't subscribe (at the mo) so can't tell what the pictures like as it's scrambled!

Crazy

@ crazy, if you can recieve MyMusic this is on the same transponder and is free, just to give you a rough idea

Back