Arsenal TV Channel and Satanta Launch December 07 All games will be shown :)

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arsenal and Setanta to launch TV channel

Arsenal Football Club has teamed up with Setanta Sports, signing a major six-year deal for Setanta to be the exclusive broadcaster of the new Arsenal TV channel.

The Arsenal TV channel is planned to launch in December and will become the tenth channel offered as part of the Setanta Sports pack on satellite. Arsenal TV will be included in the Setanta Sports pack at no extra charge. On cable, the channel will be available as part of the Setanta Sports pack via Virgin Media. Arsenal TV will also be available to Setanta customers in the Republic of Ireland.

The Arsenal TV channel will broadcast:

* Delayed coverage of all Arsenal matches in major football competitions including Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup.
* Behind the scenes access to the Club — including interviews with Arsène Wenger and the players.
* Live coverage of Reserve matches and highlights from Arsenal Academy and Arsenal Ladies matches.
* Classic match action celebrating some of the Club’s greatest moments.
* A wide selection of Arsenal friendlies on a live and exclusive basis.
* At least six hours of content per day, five days a week.

Setanta will be credited as the exclusive official broadcast sponsor of Arsenal Football Club and the Arsenal TV channel. The deal includes sponsorship and marketing rights, access to players, intellectual property including trademarks as well as in-stadia media. Under the terms of the deal, Setanta will take all subscription revenues whilst Arsenal will retain all gross receipts derived from any sponsorship and advertising on the Arsenal Channel.

Arsenal has appointed Input Media to produce the content for the new channel.

Keith Edelman, Managing Director Arsenal FC, said:

“Arsenal TV will provide the Club with a powerful way of communicating with our fans in both the UK and Republic of Ireland. For the first time supporters will really be able to see behind the scenes at Emirates Stadium. We are aiming to provide quality programming that is not only informative but also reflects the exciting brand of football we play on the pitch. “

Michael O’Rourke, co-founder and co-CEO of Setanta, said:

“We are delighted to be the exclusive broadcaster of Arsenal TV and add the new channel to our ever-expanding Setanta Sports Pack. With the Barclays Premier League season now underway, and our top European action from France, Portugal, Germany and Holland and comprehensive coverage of the Blue Square Premier, Setanta is unbeatable value for all football fans.

“Arsenal fans will be delighted that they can now follow their team on their own channel. The fantastic extra benefit is that not only will the fans get Arsenal TV, they will get the best of our other channels in the same bundle. We have 46 exclusively Live Barclays Premier league games, including two Arsenal games coming up in October and November. ”

Arsenal.com will keep supporters posted on all future developments regarding the new Arsenal TV channel.

[ Tuesday, September 18, 2007]

About time to

Yepee About time they had there own channel at least it will be something worth watching.

cmon the gunners

we dont play boring footie unless you go back to the 80's lol (boring boring arsenal)

so would be entertaining for all lmao

cant wait i think arsenal are very clever doing that with setanta hardly any teams even utd, madrid, barca make money from there TV channel so to get sponsored and available all over the world because setanta will sell there packages and games to other networks (satellite) and wont cost fook all ;)

nice one wenger and the board well done cant wait for the replay of this saturday lmao ;)

the good news is its part of the satanta deal with VM so those of us with lets say that have an arrangement with VM.....................ITS FREE :)

i have seen some of the the stuff on arsenal TV on the arsenal.com broadband setup and its well produced and very interesting, i never subscibed but my cousin has.

on a similar but ammusing note, i did a scan on my box the other night to update the latest channels and noticed there is now a liverpool tv channel but as yet the screen has remaind determindly blank, perhaps is cos there is fookall they want to show lol

Bump

Looks like start date is mid jan 08

i think arsenal has been very shrewd in this deal because it costs them nothing to run the channel and they will pocket half the profit for doing nothing but letting a setanta team run around recording them :)

and i will be adding it to me favourites right away (clever because now i will buy a setanta subscription!!)

cant wait to watch all the replays!

Its always nice to get another choice, I was wondering what happened to this, Thx for info hatab.

I like watching the reserves matches on LFC and even MUTV and I wil watch them on Gooners channel if they have them, nice to see what youngsters are coming through.

jaffa your a bigger man than me lol i could not watch man u tv it would make my eyes bleed lmfao rofl

clever because now i will buy a setanta subscription!!

cant wait to watch all the replays!

lol.........I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw this, u do jest :)

lets hope they get some decent people doing the programs

i pay arsenal stupid sums a year on kits for the kids (sorry i don't think footie shirts suit adults) i have 3 memberships and every game i can get costs about 50 quid a ticket lol for me and my boy (6 home games so far ;)).

whatever it costs to get setanta on me sky wont be an issue lol

jaffa your a bigger man than me lol i could not watch man u tv it would make my eyes bleed lmfao rofl

pmsl...well if truth be told I only watch it because they have some young Norn Iron kids there and I know a few of their parents. I would doubt the Gooners will have any but you never know.

Back