arnet problems

torna-k

Inactive User
Reaction score
i recently brought an arnet kryptview box and have had problems since trying to install the software so wondering if anyone might be able to help.the software download to the box installs succesfully but the box then switches on automaticaly and will not respond to the remote control or front panel,anyone else had this problem or know a way around it please ?

not entirely sure but you could try a reflash perhaps the initial flas was corrupt in some way? worth a try.

not entirely sure but you could try a reflash perhaps the initial flas was corrupt in some way? worth a try.
thanks mate.how would i do a reflash as im new to kryptview etc

1. Using the RS232 (Null Modem) cable connect the box to the back of your computer.

2. Plug the KRYPTViEW ArnEt into the mains power supply.

3. Make sure The KRYPTViEW ArnEt displays 0000 on the front of the box. Or if you are updating from a working firmware with existing channels just make sure it's switched on (not standby).

4. Double click the KRYPTViEW ArnEt loader (it looks like a grey satellite dish).

5. The loader will open. Click the green download button. Another box will open saying Code Send. Click Open…

6. Click on KRYPTViEW SOFTWARE once, so it is highlighted. Then click the Open button. This file will now appear File box.

7. Click Start in the loader box then immediately press the RED button half way down the remote control TWICE, then the STANDBY button at the top left hand corner of the remote. (Red circle with a line at the top). So its START-RED-RED-STANDBY

The software will start downloading

The display on the front of the KRYPTViEW ArnEt will have a green line going round and round.
Wait until it says Download Success !

Congratulations you have now programmed your KRYPTViEW ArnEt
Now plug it into your TV, Choose your Provider and scan for channels. Then wait for it to update. It may take a few minutes or sometimes longer, up to an hour so please be patient. The EMU is enabled and there is no updating message.

JOB DONE!!!!

Not my work thanks and credit go to
Stretch Satellite

1. Using the RS232 (Null Modem) cable connect the box to the back of your computer.
2. Plug the KRYPTViEW ArnEt into the mains power supply.
3. Make sure The KRYPTViEW ArnEt displays 0000 on the front of the box. Or if you are updating from a working firmware with existing channels just make sure it's switched on (not standby).
4. Double click the KRYPTViEW ArnEt loader (it looks like a grey satellite dish).
5. The loader will open. Click the green download button. Another box will open saying Code Send. Click Open…
6. Click on KRYPTViEW SOFTWARE once, so it is highlighted. Then click the Open button. This file will now appear File box.
7. Click Start in the loader box then immediately press the RED button half way down the remote control TWICE, then the STANDBY button at the top left hand corner of the remote. (Red circle with a line at the top). So its START-RED-RED-STANDBY
The software will start downloading
The display on the front of the KRYPTViEW ArnEt will have a green line going round and round.
Wait until it says Download Success !
Congratulations you have now programmed your KRYPTViEW ArnEt
Now plug it into your TV, Choose your Provider and scan for channels. Then wait for it to update. It may take a few minutes or sometimes longer, up to an hour so please be patient. The EMU is enabled and there is no updating message.
JOB DONE!!!!
Not my work thanks and credit go to
Stretch Satellite

have tried that mate but box still switching itself on and wont respond to the remote control or the front panel

i recently brought an arnet kryptview box and have had problems since trying to install the software so wondering if anyone might be able to help.the software download to the box installs succesfully but the box then switches on automaticaly and will not respond to the remote control or front panel,anyone else had this problem or know a way around it please ?

where did you buy it bring it back could be faulty .?

michael

where did you buy it bring it back could be faulty .?
michael
have tried contacting the guy several times but he is being very unhelpfull and so far hasn't replied to my messages

sounds like it could be faulty then mate.

keep pressing the seller and if it is from ebay make a claim.

I read quite a few threads in this forum and made a decision to buy from tmc who is a member here. Fantastic service and support off this guy, don't go anywhere else for one of these boxes. He also replaces immediately if faulty.

I read quite a few threads in this forum and made a decision to buy from tmc who is a member here. Fantastic service and support off this guy, don't go anywhere else for one of these boxes. He also replaces immediately if faulty.

yes im going to be getting a box from tmc now as at least i know i will be getting quality support and service

Hi just to add to your post i also bought from westmidstarview and i have returned the box and never receive a replacement and no answer from several emails ...DONT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE

Back