argh, help me please dw mechanics

adam

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a 53 renault trafic which has lost sideways movement in the gearbox. the last gear i was in was 3rd so i can move forward and backward between 3rd and 4th but i've lost 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th and reverse. the cables are sound so the problem is in the gearbox. this of course means they have to take off the front of the van, remove the engine and look inside the gearbox before they can even give me a price (very expensive). put simply i cannot afford even a fraction of what this might cost so i am left with very little choice but to try and fix it myself. i have just bought a little runabout on the credit card to get me about and now i need some serious help or a miracle. this is quite a ridiculous situation i find myself in as i don't have the tools or knowledge to sort this out but as i said i really have no choice in the matter. At ths point i'd really appreciate any of the following: a step by step guide on fixing a trafic/primastar/vivaro gearbox (worth asking eh) an idea what tools i should have and/or a good friend throughout. if u can help with any of these then please do so. updates to follow. thanks in advance

Last edited:
ello adam ,traffics are prone to gearbox problems m8,hate to be the bearer of bad news this will not be a cheap fix ,and also not for the mechanically light hearted , best regards danny

Back