Are you stopping off work due to corona virus

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just putting out there to find out if anyone is stopping off work or are you carrying on. My other half is now working from home and my son finishes school today, he is 16 and only had two days notice that his final year is ending. I work in plant sales/repair and i believe we are classed as the supply chain to the Rail industry so I think I will not be working from home any time soon. I'm still going to the gym and done 2 water aqua classes this week, only 8 out of 25 turned up last night.

Keep safe all.

just awaiting to see if i still have a job next week janitorial role for cleaning business expect 50% loss skeleton staff also sadly lots of shops restaurants etc here now paying of lots of staff still out & about walking the dogs

Working from home as from next week although Im still going to the gym - until the government decide otherwise. As Im down in Cornwall we seem to have a decent distance away from the hustle and bustle of the cities where a lot of it is at the min, that's until people start coming down for their holidays.

Loads of people still about and traffic on the roads, its not until you go in to the shops and see the shelves are empty that you realise somethings going on.

There is no one wanting taxis so I've parked up till this disaster is over with, being self employed I think I'm going to be
fecked if this goes longer than a month but the wellbeing of family and friends comes before money, if it comes to it I'll
just go on the game. :oops:

Working from home as of next week but been off this week anyway.

Council gyms here are closed but I'm wondering whether to risk a local private one, if it's still open. Wish I had my own stuff but nowhere to reasonably fit it at present.

I'm a bit of a hoarder and even before all this started I had many bags of rice and pasta (dozens), sauces and frozen meat. No pasta visible in M&S last week.

I have a sawmill and joinery and we have just taken delivery of 2 lorry loads of oak logs ,My 15 year old autistic son is off until further notice and loves logging and splitting logs for our fire wood customers, Keep us busy for a while 😁

I work welding/engineering game, in recent years company i work for moved away from construction side and moved more into fitting out pubs and commercial business. Thankfully i have some commercial contracts to finish. There is an issue at present with work we done in a pub and payment has not arrived and over due. It was 132 hours work (3 weeks).
Unfortunately its looking unlikely i will get that money. I have about four weeks work left on commercial contracts. After that im goosed as nothing else is coming in.

As difficult as it will be for all use folks, work at this time is second thought to me. As im worried sick about some family members.
Cream always rises to top!! I really do think when we get over this we will be stronger.
Just give those you know that are a bit more venerable to this virus an extra phone call now and again to checkup on them.

We sell what's called spiderlifts and rail mounted booms, our factory is in northern Italy. The factory has shut down now just this week and expected not to open for another week. Getting loads of hire company customers saying their orders have dried up overnight. What is really weird is that my family came down with a really bad cough around Christmas and my mother had all sorts of issues with not being able to breathe. Nobody could shake it for about a month including my partner who had had a flue jab. It turns out two of my work colleagues went to the factory in early December. We are wondering if it came back with them but no one knew what it was then. Might just we a coincidence.

Im in IT, i've been working from home for about 2 weeks already, with no clear end in sight. Im social distancing myself by going fishing.

I work from my home, and I can no go outside :(
Always in my home...

I am self employed putting supply teachers into schools.

Therefore I have no income now.

I also rent my property from a private landlord, is the government really saying that they will just pay 30% of the local rates, this does not make any sense. I some one understands it please tell me

The way I read it and wife is Currenctly say the LHA rate for a two bed flat in your area is £85 per week but your actual rent is £115 per week you pay the difference £30 out of your own pocket, They are now saying they will pay an extra 30% of the difference of the £30 you currently pay. dont hold me to it though
Search for Local Housing Allowance rates by postcode or local authority : DirectGov - LHA Rates
If thats correct it will help would mean about £100 a month to us then £80 on tax credits, still going to hurt a lot till schools go back but will not stave and will be able o pay the rent with some family help

Back