Are folders on the external drive supposed to be hidden ?

Lanstrom

Inactive User
Reaction score
I seem to be having problems FTPing to the external drive on my PS3 (get critical file error), yet if I plug the drive into a PC and copy the files directly then it works).

I guess its just a permissions problem somewhere but I cant figure out where ?!

ftping to the external? why bother? extra step thats not required. it's not deisgned for that ntfs > PS3 O/S > external HD filesystem - bound to be the occasionaly permissions error somewhere along the way

Connect to Pc for putting on external. If u must FTP, do it to the internal first then use the BU's to copy to the external.

ftping to the external? why bother? extra step thats not required. it's not deisgned for that ntfs > PS3 O/S > external HD filesystem - bound to be the occasionaly permissions error somewhere along the way

Connect to Pc for putting on external. If u must FTP, do it to the internal first then use the BU's to copy to the external.

Problem is that I am using a Seagate FreeAgent and it has a massive glowing orange light on it and my OH doesnt like it so I had to hide it round the back of the PS and route all the cables there, so its hard to unplug it and the PSU too. I'll probably just get an internal one soon anyway coz 40GB just isnt enough ;-)

Thanks.

Problem is that I am using a Seagate FreeAgent and it has a massive glowing orange light on it and my OH doesnt like it so I had to hide it round the back of the PS and route all the cables there, so its hard to unplug it and the PSU too. I'll probably just get an internal one soon anyway coz 40GB just isnt enough ;-)

Thanks.

put some black insulation tape over the light, or remove the led.

put some black insulation tape over the light, or remove the led.

Yer I already told her I would do that but then I hid it round the back of the PS as it was neater anyway :)

I have a strange thing in that when I turn off the PS3 it will shut the drive down (and the light goes off) but then 5 mins later the drive will suddenly turn itself back on. Most bizzare !

Back