Archos 704Wi fi 40GB MP4 Player Half Price £164.99 Was £329.99

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Archos 704Wi fi 40GB MP4 Player Half Price £164.99 Was £329.99

7in TFT touchscreen (800X480 pixels).

Store up to 140 hours of video, 20,000 songs or 400,000 photos.

Up to 25 hours music playback or 4.5 hours video playback on each batterycharge.

Direct TV recording with the optional DVR Station (not supplied).

Size (H)7.8, (W)13, (D)1.6cm.

USB 2.0.

Touch screen.

Store and view Jpeg, BMP, PNG digital photos as well as reading PDFdocuments.

WiFi (802.11g) enabled (OperaTM Browser for web browsing

Stream music and video via Wi Fi connectivity.

Stream video and music from PC interchangeable battery.

Compatibility with most popular music files: MP3, WAV, WMA and protectedWMA.

Record audio analogue via an optional accessory: stereo line-in, WAV (IMAADPCM or PCM) format.

Voice recording through the built-in microphone.

Timer record facility to make scheduled recordings with optional DVRstation.

Open listening using the built in stereo speakers

Discreet listening via earphones (supplied)

PlaysForSure™ compatibility

Supplied with headphones, USB 2.0 cable, USB 2.0 host adapter, DVR Station saddle, 2 styli, remote control, power adapter/charger, protective pouch, and QSG,.

Format compatibility:

MP3, WMA, Protected PlaysForSure™ WMA, WAV, MPEG4 (SP), WMV and protected PlaysForSure™ WMV, BMP, JPEG and PNG compatible. MPEG-4 playback up to DVD resolution.

Interfaces:

USB 2.0 High-Speed Device (compatible USB 1.1): Mass Storage class (MSC) and Media Transport Protocol (MTP)

- USB 2.0 Host : Mass Storage class (MSC) and Picture Transfer Protocol(PTP) (with optional adapter)

Operation:

Battery operated with internal lithium ion rechargeable battery (supplied),230v AC mains via adaptor (supplied), or 12v car battery via cigarette lighter (optional).

System compatibility:

Windows® ME, 2000, XP or higher - Mac OS v.10.3.9 and Linux (with mass storage device support)

For PlaysForSureTM: PC with windows® XP SP2 or higher and Windows Media®Player 10 or higher - USB 2.0 interface (compatible USB 1.1)

Weight 630g.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5135901/Trail/searchtext>ARCHOS+MP4+PLAYER+.htm

dont know how much they go for anywhere eles but that seems cheap nice one

in stock in manchester and Stockport Mersey Square & Altrincham Stamford New Road & Wilmslow

So many deals to be had

But this is one of the best

Anything Thats Meant To B £329 And Your Gettin Half Price...is A Good Deal But Not Sure What Use This Would Be Really..anyone Ordered One Off These Or Have One..cheers Anyinfo Would B Good As Lookin For A Few Bargins For My Wee Girl

I have a AV700 - non WiFi one.

It's very good, use it in the car for the kids plus when we're away on hols camping etc. coding movies onto it can be a bit time consuming (in that encoding the movies takes time, but once you have the knack it's a case of set one off running and go and do something else).

40Gb seems a bit small nowadays, but for the price it's good. I use pocketdvdencoder for DVDs and it knocks them down to about 600-700mb per film, so that would be over 40 DVDs.

Mine syncs with Media Center, but it takes for-e-ver to transcode from dvr-ms to wmv so if you're thinking of using it to catch up on last nights telly... Also, ours is a too big to be "portable" if you catch my drift...

Can plug mine into the TV and record from there, and play movies etc (although to get the file size down you lose resolution and quality).

I always wished I could use mine as an internet tablet...

Back