Apple TV 2nd gen

Trabbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am watching a few on e bay but would rather buy from someone here if that's possible. Looking to have got something sorted by the end of the month.
Thanks

I'm sure there was an update recently that the tv 3 was finally coming along nicely in regards to jailbreaking so might be worth investigating that before paying full price for a tv 2 :)

Why don't you buy a media player that runs xbmc??

Or do you want the apple movies??

That and the picture sharing is the main reason that I use appleTV, and my remote setup too.

Why don't you buy a media player that runs xbmc??

Or do you want the apple movies??

That and the picture sharing is the main reason that I use appleTV, and my remote setup too.
I had thought about that. I started a thread asking what the difference was between the android and Apple TV. A mate has let me borrow his 3rd gen Apple TV but I can't do much with it other than watch YouTube lol. Picture quality is excellent though. (I was trying to get my iPhone 3GS which had XBMC on it to work but first of all I managed to mess the phone up despite an awful lot of help from Kryton and biffo1! It is now restored to 6.3 and I lost all my contacts, password reminders I had stored on notepad etc but that's another story!)

I wanted to be able to play my sky movies from skygo to the TV and I understood the way to do that was by using a jail broken device with an old version of skygo? Would I still need Apple TV for that or could I do that with an android device too?

Thanks for the helpful replies, much appreciated.

they have come down in price now, the apple tv2`s, i bout 1 3 weeks ago for 110 and it was jail broken off flee bay, there are alternatives, but im well chuffed with apple tv, i tried the raspberry pi but its no where near as good as the apple tv 2, the jailbreak for the apple tv3 might not be out but i know there are problems at the mo and nobody knows if this will be released with ios7, apple tv2 is only 720 the 3 version is full 1080p

Last edited:
Regarding the skygo i do not know to be honest, i did not think it was possible to be fair???

my apple 2 is great, and 720p films look fantastic :)

It just goes and goes, and plays anything you chuck at it on xbmc, it hardly ever crashes, in maybe a year it has crashed 3 times.

I would however consider a decent media player though if just for movies, but I use mine for AirPlay, it syncs my photos, and I order the odd movie from apple, and Netflix.

I just upload to my nas and it's ready to go.

But I am also sure that quite a few media players would also do most of that :)

Mick

Last edited:
I went into work today and a colleague mentioned they had bought an Apple TV 3rd gen so I asked what they were doing with the old one. Turns out they had a 1st gen Apple TV and they have agreed I can have it! I no longer need a 2nd gen one but thanks for all the help and advice.

I went into work today and a colleague mentioned they had bought an Apple TV 3rd gen so I asked what they were doing with the old one. Turns out they had a 1st gen Apple TV and they have agreed I can have it! I no longer need a 2nd gen one but thanks for all the help and advice.

all you need now then is to get xbmc & the Hub a few plugins and off you go oooooooooooooooo! lol

all you need now then is to get xbmc & the Hub a few plugins and off you go oooooooooooooooo! lol

Absolutely biffo1, you haven't got any holidays planned I hope cos you know what's coming! lol

Only joking, I will have a search and read some stickys and threads.

hi mate your welcome any time , @ Trabbs check your pm mate

Back