Anyone Used This Booster?

q2uantum

Inactive User
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone has used this booster before? and if so what was your thoughts on it..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30dB-CATV-Cab...ryZ39804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The reason I ask is i currently have a yellow brick booster, a splitter (run 2 boxes) and a variable attenuator (for the upstairs box). My problem is the box upstairs breaks up all the time (High BER) BUT if i disconnect the splitter and have it as the only box off the booster (i.e still upstairs on the long cable run) then the box is perfectly fine. I have tried 2 different makes of splitter but always get the same issue upstairs. With this having a built in splitter i was wondering if this would get rid of my problem?

Look forward to some replies

regards

q2

1) check the cables are ok
2) I have a splitter before the yellow box that goes upstairs to a dm600pvr - because thats how it is cabled and I dont have an option to change it ;)
3) from the yellow brick, it feeds the dbox2, modem and 7025 twin tuner

picture breaks up on a couple of channels but if i tweak the cable, the picture is fine. Therefore my issue is probably a knackered connector/cable near connector.

HTH

Thanks for the reply m8, but like I said in the first post, if i disconnect the splitter and connect the upstairs feed direct to the booster then it works fine - so theres nothing worng with the cables.

This is how my current setup is :

Ex-TW Wall box - Yellow Booster - Splitter - Downstairs D500c
..........................................................\
...........................................................Variable Attenuator - Upstairs D500C

Regards

q2

do you need the attenuator? a long cable runs and splitters will also act as an attenuator (and you dont have one downstairs).

Have you also tried switching the boxes around? Some tuners are better in some situations
regards
Spants

I have recently bought Dreambox 500c. I have used a splitter for this and broadband connection. I have a cable (25 metres) connected to the box and the signal is not good. I have ordered the yellow booster to improve it.

What are the chances of it having good signal? Is the long run of cable the problem?

Thanks

why do you have an annenuator upstairs? will act to reduce the signal not increase it

have you tried using the yellow box upstairs? ie...wall box > splitter > (cable 1) dm500 downstair > (cable 2 upstair) yellow brick > dm500 upstair??

do you need the attenuator? a long cable runs and splitters will also act as an attenuator (and you dont have one downstairs).

Have you also tried switching the boxes around? Some tuners are better in some situations
regards
Spants

Yeh tried it without an attenuator and the BER is extremely High. Its as if the cable is boosting the BER itself as the signal level is probably a bit low on some channels (89 - 93) but on others its about right (94).

I have had both boxes in either location without any change as well :-(

Will keep trying to get this sorted as the missis wants me to hide the cables upstairs in the wall so dont want to have to keep digging em out if I have problems :-(

why do you have an annenuator upstairs? will act to reduce the signal not increase it

have you tried using the yellow box upstairs? ie...wall box > splitter > (cable 1) dm500 downstair > (cable 2 upstair) yellow brick > dm500 upstair??

The downstairs box requires the booster as if i dont have it i am missing channels. I was using the attenuator upstairs as without it the BER is very high.. its the only way I could find of getting a few channels to work 100% and then rest to be hit and miss

Back