anyone tried the eurovox ex7000 hd box yet??

dellboymark

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi everyone,just wondering if anyone can give us there review on the new eurovox hd box,im thinking of purchasing one,kind regards mark

There are a few Prototypes in use, but the main stock hasn't arrived yet, they should be available in a couple of days. Remember there is currently only 1 HD channels available and £200 is a lot of cash for BBC HD.

There are a few Prototypes in use, but the main stock hasn't arrived yet, they should be available in a couple of days. Remember there is currently only 1 HD channels available and £200 is a lot of cash for BBC HD.

took the words straight out my mouth m8

Can this box pretty much do the same as the V+ box and does anone know if it has HDMI out?

TRue only 1 HD channel, but more to come this year. also has a 1080i upscaler as well. beleive well worth the money if reviews are any good

regards

just ordered 1 from DVB Junkie, £179.99, deleivered. will of course review once arrived

regards

siffion

definatly bookmarking this post :)

While its true all this for BBC HD, give it time more will appear but by then am sure Krytview HD and other cheaper/better boxes will arrive but its nice too see the 1st true HD cable box under 200 quid.

if it has HDMI/upscaler then its pretty good but early reports suggest the upscaler doesnt make any difference, one guy said he liked the fact u could record too the memory stick from the front.

Picture quality of BBC HD was alot better then the other eurovox boxes one guy said.

Heres waiting for a proper review :)

mines arriving tuesday from DVBjunkie. once setup, will of course supply a review.

regards

mine has arrived.

cant set up though till i finish work at 14:30. booooo

longest afternoon of my life me thinks. can see the tumbleweed rolling outside office window

I'm not having a dig lincsat but how much is a genuine DM600 + the hard drive, and havin nothing like the features of this box. I paid £179.99 delivered for mine and think thats reasonable especially as you have the great feature of recording onto a mem stick (no moving parts and faster access).

hello, my ex7000hd is set up and running. 1st impressions are its great. picture quality, both upscaling, and HD are first rate..

as a ex starview user. initial setup, and menus look a little strange, but easy to use...

would i recommend, totally yes. get 1 as soon as you can

Thanks for the update Siffion, so glad to har this box is the business! Are you running with the FTA software? Is the BBC HD channel included in the FTA, or did the box come with the 'latest firmware' included? Would love to hear an update now you've had the box a few days.

Last edited:
How do you access the 'secret' menu on this box. I cannot get the channels working!

Thanks.

box came with FW installed on, just scanned for channels away you go, no codes or anything

yeah BBC HD works, although it is at the moment the only HD channel, but more are being relaesed soon...

no secret menu's mate. box is a dream to work. what issues are you having??????

box came with FW installed on, just scanned for channels away you go, no codes or anything

yeah BBC HD works, although it is at the moment the only HD channel, but more are being relaesed soon...

no secret menu's mate. box is a dream to work. what issues are you having??????

I scanned for the channels and some did come up but it said no signal. I've also flashed the box and I'm just searching for the channels again but I fear I will get the same result.

Any tips or anything would be great.

Thanks

I've flashed my box and then scanned for channels and it's still not finding any channels.

I'm really stuck now lol

Thanks.

I've got the channels up now I just need to access the secret menu so I can recieve all the channels.

what firmware are you using. where\who did you purchase box off. mine was from DVBJunkie, full instructions inbox as follows

make sure you using FW 22\1\2009
use a pure feed from wall, no splitters

after switching box on, perform a fast scan, select rate, either 6.887, (NTHELL), or 6.952..

scan, should find, all transponders, scan can take upto 5 mins. once all TP's have downloaded. channels will then install. save. job done. channels will appear straight away

let us know the outcome, FW version etc

regards

key code menu,

menu, then blue. but you dont need it should auto update. check FW version

Back