Ring Tones Anyone got N97?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a N97 for my birthday but to be honest I dont use it much compared to my N95 8gb... Done firmware update which improved the phone but there isnt much else to do it at the moment... Cant really find any worthwhile apps or anything to install on it...

Camera still seems pretty poor and facebook app is still very buggy....

Im waiting for the new firmware update in october hopefully that should make the phone a lot better but just wondered what other peoples thoughts were on it?

:Cheers:

Update in Oct should be good. Yes the facebook is crap and also it is buggy like all new nokias on release. But I still think its a decent phone. The N900 will be better though :)

Have you tried the Ovi store?

Yeh got a few good games and apps from ovi store for free... overall pretty decent but nothing amazing on there that I could see.

this place is great for apps games and the certificate needed to sign most apps. its not just nokia stuff either

Yeah I've got an N97, I havent updated it yet but i recon it needs it cause it keeps crashing.
Your right at the moment there dont seem to be anything brilliant for it yet in the way of apps but thats how they want to make their money off you instead of texts and calls because of the increasing popularity of skype etc.
I like the maps tho lol.
the satnav side of things isnt all that good as the signal strength is always poor.
Thanks for the link rawsy, ;)

Clive.

hiya guys had my n97 since june 1st one i had wouldnt even turn on and took phones4u a month to send me a replacement considering was on a contract they were total dicks!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway mine was already unlocked :) plus youll need to hack the phone to put apps on it or use a signer for them goto www.ipmart-forum.com for all your apps games tuts on how to do anything, nokia maps is pants get garmin mobile xt youll find it on the above link its a proper good dite theres over 1300 apps there now not free ones proper ones :) pm me for help :)

I changed my product code to 0570817 and got f/w 12.0.026 but for some reason my keyboard isnt quite right when using shift etc... any ideas?

And only 2 days until the latest firmware update to v20

It will fix all the problems (allegedly)

software wise I found a pack on TPB (the piratesbay) for the 5800 and it works great on the N97..

I have now got the latest firmware and found that accuweather widget no longer works properly

honestly....take it back and get sommat else, they are shockin phones!!

i've got one and haven't had a single problem with it, had to cold boot it once or twice but thats about it.

Facebook and all the widgets work well, in fact instant when using my home wireless - weather and all the things that you'd expect to work, work.

i know that i'll probably be back in and saying that something won't work but at the moment i can't knock it.

if i can tell you what version i'm on i will if you let me know how...lol

i just need to get garmin on as it was mint!

Mine seems to be ok on v20

It is now running better than it ever has and about time it had kinetic scrollong!!

have you changed your product id to get on v20 as mine is generic and the update isnt available for me yet.

Back